Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Al-Khunayzir

Al-Khunayzir

Al-Khunayzir
Arabic الخنيزر
Also spelled Arab al Khuneizir[1]
Subdistrict Baysan
Coordinates

32°25′17″N 35°31′20″E / 32.42139°N 35.52222°E / 32.42139; 35.52222Coordinates: 32°25′17″N 35°31′20″E / 32.42139°N 35.52222°E / 32.42139; 35.52222{{#coordinates:32|25|17|N|35|31|20|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 199/203
Population 302 (1948)
Area 3,107 dunams
Date of depopulation May 20, 1948[1]
Cause(s) of depopulation Influence of nearby town's fall
Current localities Tirat Zvi

Al-Khunayzir (Arabic: الخنيزر‎) was a Palestinian Arab village in the District of Baysan. It was depopulated by the Israel Defense Forces during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, on May 20, 1948. It was attacked as part of Operation Gideon.

The population in 1931 was 83, increasing to 302 in 1948 with 70 houses.

The springs of 'Uyun Umm al-Faraj and 'Ayn al-Khanazir used to supply the village with water. A cemetery was also located in the area.

References

  1. ^ a b Morris, 2004, p. xvii, village #131. Also gives cause of depopulation

Bibliography

</dl>


Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.