Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Al-Mas%27udiyya

Al-Mas'udiyya

Al-Mas'udiyya
150px
Remains of Al-Mas'udiyya, in 2005.
Subdistrict Jaffa
Coordinates

32°05′07.00″N 34°46′54.45″E / 32.0852778°N 34.7817917°E / 32.0852778; 34.7817917Coordinates: 32°05′07.00″N 34°46′54.45″E / 32.0852778°N 34.7817917°E / 32.0852778; 34.7817917{{#coordinates:32|05|07.00|N|34|46|54.45|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 129/165
Population 850 (1945)
Date of depopulation December 25, 1947[1]
Cause(s) of depopulation Fear of being caught up in the fighting

Al-Mas'udiyya was a Palestinian Arab village in the Jaffa Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on December 25, 1947. It was located 5 km northeast of Jaffa, situated 1.5 km south of the al-'Awja River. The village was previously known as Summayl.

In 1945, the village had a population of 850. al-Mas'udiyya had an elementary school for boys founded in 1931, and in 1945 it had 31 students.

References

  1. ^ Morris, 2004, p.xviii, village #205. Also gives cause of depopulation.

Bibliography

</dl>


Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.