Journals

Conferences

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Al-Muftakhira

Al-Muftakhira

Al-Muftakhira
Subdistrict Safad
Coordinates

33°09′25″N 35°38′34.55″E / 33.15694°N 35.6429306°E / 33.15694; 35.6429306Coordinates: 33°09′25″N 35°38′34.55″E / 33.15694°N 35.6429306°E / 33.15694; 35.6429306{{#coordinates:33|09|25|N|35|38|34.55|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 209/284
Population 350 (1945)
Date of depopulation May 16, 1948[1]
Cause(s) of depopulation Fear of being caught up in the fighting
Current localities Shamir, Israel[2]

Al-Muftakhira was a Palestinian Arab village in the Safad Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1948 War on May 16, 1948 by the Palmach's First Battalion of Operation Yiftach. It was located 25.5 km northeast of Safad.

In 1945 it had a population of 350.

References

  1. ^ Morris, 2004, p. xvi, village #16. Also gives cause of depopulation.
  2. ^ Khalidi, 1992, p.478

Bibliography

</dl>


Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.