Journals

Conferences

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Al-Qudayriyya

Al-Qudayriyya

Al-Qudayriyya
Also spelled Qudeiriya, al-[1]
Subdistrict Safad
Coordinates

32°54′09.35″N 35°30′25″E / 32.9025972°N 35.50694°E / 32.9025972; 35.50694Coordinates: 32°54′09.35″N 35°30′25″E / 32.9025972°N 35.50694°E / 32.9025972; 35.50694{{#coordinates:32|54|09.35|N|35|30|25|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 197/256
Population 390 (1945)
Date of depopulation May 4, 1948[1]
Cause(s) of depopulation Military assault by Yishuv forces
Secondary cause Expulsion by Yishuv forces

Al-Qudayriyya was a Palestinian Arab village in the Safad Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on May 4, 1948 by the Haganah and the Palmach's First Battalion of Operation Matate, a sub-operation of Operation Yiftach. It was located 6.5 km south of Safad, situated 1 km east of Wadi al-'Amud.

In 1945 it had a population of 390. A shrine for a local sage known as al-Shaykh al-Rumi was located in the village and the Khirbat al-Nuwayriyya contained drafted masonry and rock-cut wine presses.

References

  1. ^ a b Morris, 2004, p.xvii, village #74. Also gives causes of depopulation.

Bibliography

External links


Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.