Journals

Conferences

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Al-Rihaniyya

Al-Rihaniyya

This article is about the Palestinian village depopulated in 1948. For the Circassian village in modern day Israel, see Rehaniya.
Al-Rihaniyya
Also spelled Rihaniya, -al[1]
Subdistrict Haifa
Coordinates

32°37′11.7″N 35°05′12.65″E / 32.619917°N 35.0868472°E / 32.619917; 35.0868472Coordinates: 32°37′11.7″N 35°05′12.65″E / 32.619917°N 35.0868472°E / 32.619917; 35.0868472{{#coordinates:32|37|11.7|N|35|05|12.65|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 158/225
Population 240 (1945)
Date of depopulation Not known[1]

Al-Rihaniyya was a Palestinian Arab village in the Haifa Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on April 30, 1948 as part of the Battle for Mishmar ha-'Emeq. It was located 25 km southeast of Haifa and 3 km northwest of Wadi al-Mileh.

In 1945 the village had a population of 240. al-Rihaniyya had an elementary school for boys founded in 1888, but it was closed during the British Mandate period.

References

  1. ^ a b Morris, 2004, p. xviii, village #163. Gives both date and cause of depopulation as "Not known".

Bibliography

</dl>

External links


Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.