Journals

Conferences

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Al-Samiriyya

Al-Samiriyya

Al-Samiriyya
Arabic السامرية
Also spelled Samiriya, al-[1]
Subdistrict Baysan
Palestine grid 196/204
Population 250 (1945)
Date of depopulation May 27, 1948[1]
Cause(s) of depopulation Military assault by Yishuv forces
Current localities Sdei Trumot

Al-Samiriyya (Arabic: السامرية‎) was a Palestinian Arab village in the District of Baysan. It was depopulated by the Israel Defense Forces during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War on May 27, 1948 as part of Operation Gideon. It was located 7 km southeast of Baysan.

In 1945 the village had a population of 250. The village had a mosque and three Khirbas: Khirbat al-Humra, Tulul al-Thawm, and Tall al-Khab.

References

  1. ^ a b Morris, 2004, p.xvii, village #129. Also gives cause of depopulation

Bibliography

</dl>

Coordinates: 32°26′15″N 35°29′14″E / 32.43750°N 35.48722°E / 32.43750; 35.48722{{#coordinates:32|26|15|N|35|29|14|E|region:IL_type:city_source:kolossus-plwiki |primary |name= }}

Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.