|Date of depopulation||March 30, 1948|
|Cause(s) of depopulation||Fear of being caught up in the fighting|
|Secondary cause||Influence of nearby town's fall|
Al-Sawalima was a Palestinian Arab village in the Jaffa Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on March 30, 1948. It was located 11 km northeast of Jaffa, situated 2 km north of the al-'Awja River.
In 1945, the village had a population of 800. al-Sawalima had an elementary school for boys in founded in 1946, with 31 students.
- Morris, 2004, p. xviii village #198. Also gives causes of depopulation
- Hadawi, Sami (1970), Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine, Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center
- Khalidi, Walid (1992), All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948, Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies, ISBN 0-88728-224-5
- Morris, Benny (2004). The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-00967-6.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.