Journals

Conferences

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Al-Shawka al-Tahta

Al-Shawka al-Tahta

Al-Shawka al-Tahta
Subdistrict Safad
Coordinates

33°14′19.25″N 35°38′11.65″E / 33.2386806°N 35.6365694°E / 33.2386806; 35.6365694Coordinates: 33°14′19.25″N 35°38′11.65″E / 33.2386806°N 35.6365694°E / 33.2386806; 35.6365694{{#coordinates:33|14|19.25|N|35|38|11.65|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 209/293
Population 232 (1948)
Area 2,132 dunams
Date of depopulation May 14, 1948[1]
Cause(s) of depopulation Fear of being caught up in the fighting

Al-Shawka al-Tahta was a Palestinian Arab village in the Safad Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on May 14, 1948 by the Palmach's First Battalion of Operation Yiftach. It was located 31.5 km northeast of Safad.

In 1945 it had a population of 200. The village contained two khirbas known as Tall al-Qadi and Khirbat al-Day'a.

References

  1. ^ Morris, 2004, p. xvi, village #3. Also gives cause of depopulation.

Bibliography

</dl>


Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.