Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Al-Tina

Al-Tina

Al-Tina
Subdistrict Ramle
Coordinates

31°44′47.70″N 34°49′11″E / 31.7465833°N 34.81972°E / 31.7465833; 34.81972Coordinates: 31°44′47.70″N 34°49′11″E / 31.7465833°N 34.81972°E / 31.7465833; 34.81972{{#coordinates:31|44|47.70|N|34|49|11|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 133/128
Population 750 (1945)
Date of depopulation July 8-9, 1948[1]
Cause(s) of depopulation Military assault by Yishuv forces

Al-Tina was a Palestinian Arab village in the Ramle Subdistrict of Mandatory Palestine. It was depopulated during the 1948 Arab–Israeli War on July 8, 1948, by the Givati Brigade under Operation An-Far. It was located 20. km south of Ramla.

In 1945 the village had a population of 750. An elementary school for boys was founded in 1946 and it had an initial enrollment of 65 students.

al-Tina was also the birthplace of 'Abd al-Fattah Humud (1933-1968), a petroleum engineer, and one of the founding members of Fatah, the largest Palestinian Liberation Organization faction.

References

  1. ^ Morris, 2004, p. xix, village #269. Also gives cause of depopulation.

Bibliography

</dl>

External links