<span />Double reed
The algaita (also spelled alghaita, algayta or algheita) is a double reed wind instrument from West Africa, especially among the Hausa and Kanuri peoples. Its construction is similar to the oboe-like rhaita and the zurna. The algaita is distinguished from these other instruments by its larger, trumpet-like bell. Instead of keys, it has open holes for fingering, similar to the zurna. 
- Music from the Villages of Northeastern Nigeria (Folkways, 1971)
- "Music of the Cameroon - The Fulani of the North" (Lyrichord 7334)
Use in jazz recordings
- Yusef Lateef, In Nigeria, (YAL Records, 1983)
- Yusef Lateef, The African-American Epic Suite (1994)
- H.G. Farmer, "The Arab Influence on the Western Soudan." The Musical Standard, 15 November, 1924.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.