Alison Littell McHose
McHose has served as the Republican Deputy Conference Leader of the New Jersey General Assembly since 2008. She was Assistant Minority Leader from 2006–2008 and was the Assistant Republican Whip from 2004-2006.
Assemblywoman McHose was selected on January 25, 2003, by the Republican county committee members from Sussex, Morris and Hunterdon Counties to fill the remainder of Congressman Scott Garrett's term in the New Jersey Assembly, and was sworn into office on February 4, 2003. McHose is the first woman to serve the 24th District and is the first sitting legislator to give birth while in office. She is also part of the first father-daughter team to serve simultaneously in the New Jersey Legislature, together with her father, State Senator Robert Littell. Her mother Virginia Littell served as chairman of the New Jersey Republican State Committee. Her grandfather Alfred B. Littell represented Sussex County in both houses of the Legislature and served as Senate President in 1951.
McHose serves in the Assembly on the Budget Committee, the Tourism and Gaming Committee and the Legislative Services Commission.
Assemblywoman McHose was a legislative aide in Senator Robert Littell’s district office. During the George H. W. Bush administration, from 1988–1992, McHose worked at the National Endowment for the Humanities and the US Department of the Treasury.
After accepting a position in January 2015 as Business Administrator of Franklin Borough, McHose announced that she was planning to resign from her seat in the Assembly, though no date was specified.
Each of the 40 districts in the New Jersey Legislature has one representative in the New Jersey Senate and two members in the New Jersey General Assembly. The other representatives from the 24th District for the 2014-2015 Legislative Session are:
- Assemblywoman McHose's legislative web page, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed April 16, 2008.
- via Associated Press. "N.J. assemblywoman gets new job, will leave Legislature", The Record (Bergen County), January 1, 2015. Accessed January 1, 2015. "A longtime member of the New Jersey Assembly is planning to leave the Legislature.The New Jersey Herald reports that Alison Littell McHose announced her intentions Thursday, the same day she was named the new business administrator for Franklin Borough."
- Legislative Roster 2014-2015 Session, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed January 1, 2015.
- Assemblywoman McHose's Website
- Assemblywoman McHose's legislative web page, New Jersey Legislature
- New Jersey Legislature financial disclosure forms: 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004