November 2, 1973|
New York City
|Institution||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Field||Public finance, health economics|
Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
Amy Nadya Finkelstein (born November 2, 1973) is a Professor of Economics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and the co-Director and research associate of the Public Economics Program at the National Bureau of Economic Research. She was awarded the 2012 John Bates Clark Medal. for her contributions to economics. She is a co-editor of the Journal of Public Economics.
Finkelstein's primary expertise is in public finance and health economics, and she conducts research into market failures and government intervention in insurance markets, and the impact of public policy on health care.
She studied Government at Harvard University, where she received an AB summa cum laude in 1995. She was a Marshall Scholar at Oxford University, where she received an M.Phil in Economics in 1997. She received her PhD in Economics from MIT in 2001. She was a Junior Fellow at the Harvard Society of Fellows, after which she joined the MIT faculty in 2005. In 2008 she was awarded the Elaine Bennett Research Prize by the Committee on the Status of Women in the Economics Profession (CSWEP), for her contributions to the economics profession.In 2012 she was awarded the John Bates Clark Medal from the American Economic Association. The award cited her research as “a model of how theory and empirics can be combined in creative ways.”
- "MIT economics professor awarded Bates Clark medal". Boston Globe. 28 April 2012. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- "MIT Economist of Health Care Wins John Bates Clark Medal" Chronicle of Higher Education April 27, 2012 
- "Amy Finkelstein – Short Biography". Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- "First Study of Its Kind Shows Benefits of Providing Medical Insurance to Poor". New York Times. 7 July 2011. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- "CSWEP Awards and Prizes". Committee on the Status of Women in the Economics Profession. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).