Panoramic sight of Annecy and Lake Annecy.|
Panoramic sight of Annecy and Lake Annecy.
|colspan="14" #REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other|
This page is a soft redirect. Climate data for Annecy, Haute-Savoie - Alt : 458m
Script error: No such module "WeatherBox". Script error: No such module "WeatherBox". Script error: No such module "WeatherBox". Script error: No such module "WeatherBox". Script error: No such module "WeatherBox". Script error: No such module "WeatherBox".
|colspan="14" style="text-align:center;font-size:85%" #REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other|
This page is a soft redirect.Source: Météo France - Period 1981-2010 - Extremes since 1970.
Annecy has hosted the Annecy International Animated Film Festival since 1960 and the Rencontres Internationales d'Annecy Cinéma & Architecture since 1999.
Annecy bid to host the 2018 Winter Olympic Games but lost to Pyeongchang. If they had been chosen, Annecy would have been the fourth French city to host the Winter Olympic Games, after Chamonix (1924), Grenoble (1968), and Albertville (1992).
The Annecy basin is one of the world's leading locations for the sport of paragliding, an activity of some economic importance to the region. The area regularly hosts major competitions, most recently a leg of the Paragliding World Cup in 2012.
Palais de l'Isle is a castle in the of Geneva's administrative headquarters, then alternately a courthouse, a mint, and the Middle Ages until 1865 and then again during World War II. The Palais de l'Ile was classified as a Historical Monument in 1900, and today houses a local history museum.
Other sights in Annecy include:
- The Château d'Annecy (Annecy Castle) was the home of the Counts of Geneva and the Dukes of Genevois-Nemours, an offshoot
Histogram on demographic change
- LAPP Laboratoire d'Annecy-le-Vieux de Physique des Particules specialized in Physics
- Mecatronics department of CETIM
- Different R&D activities in the Université de Savoie and its École Polytechnique d'Ingenieurs: Polytech'Savoie.
Companies located in and around Annecy include:
The Gare d'Annecy railway station offers connections with Lyon, Geneva, Paris, Grenoble and several regional destinations.
Twin towns – Sister cities
Annecy is twinned with:
- 23x15px Bayreuth, Germany
- 23x15px Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- 23x15px Liptovský Mikuláš, Slovakia
- 23x15px Sainte-Thérèse, Canada
- 23x15px Vicenza, Italy
Together with other Alpine towns Annecy engages in the Alpine Town of the Year Association for the implementation of the Alpine Convention to achieve sustainable development in the Alpine Arc. Annecy is also Alpine Town of the Year 2012.
- Jail in annecy.jpg
Palais de l'Isle jail by night.
- Annecy, Kodacolor by Scott Williams.jpg
View of the Canal.
- Annecy vue du mont Veyrier.jpg
Annecy and Lake Annecy seen from Mont Veyrier.
Lake Annecy from the south dock of Annecy.
- 12px This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). "Annecy". Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press.
- "France shootings: Three victims shot in head". BBC News Online (BBC). 2012-09-06. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- From Paula Hancocks, CNN. "South Korean city to host 2018 Winter Olympics". CNN.com. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
- Paragliding in the Annecy Basin (PDF) (in French), DRDJS Rhone Alpes, archived from the original (PDF) on December 3, 2010, retrieved October 30, 2011
- World Cup France Talloires 2012, retrieved 2014-08-15
- Census of population on 1 January 2006 on the site of Insee.
- "British towns twinned with French towns [via WaybackMachine.com]". Archant Community Media Ltd. Archived from the original on 5 July 2013. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- Annecy town website Invalid language code. Invalid language code.
- Annecy photo blog Invalid language code.
- Annecy photos guide Invalid language code.
- The former mayor of Annecy Bernard Bosson Invalid language code.
- Satellite's view of Annecy's Lake
- Official web site of the Association Annecy Traditions, organizer Invalid language code.
- The International Animated Film Festival
- Festival du film italien d'Annecy
- Annecy City Invalid language code. Invalid language code.
- Lake Annecy tourism Official website
- Annecy Tourist guide Invalid language code.
- Association of the Friends of the Old Annecy Invalid language code.