Antony John Green|
2 March 1960
England, United Kingdom
|Occupation||ABC election analyst|
Early years and background
Born in northern England, Green emigrated to Australia with his family in 1964. He attended James Ruse Agricultural High School in Sydney, graduating in 1977. Green graduated with a Bachelor of Science in mathematics and computing, and a Bachelor of Economics with honours in politics from the University of Sydney. He worked initially as a data analyst in the computing industry and for a polling company before joining the ABC in 1989.
As of 2010[update] he had analysed 51 Australian territory, state and federal elections for the ABC, starting with the 1989 Queensland state election to the 2010 federal election. He designed the computer system that he uses to predict election results based on partial counts.
In addition to analysing and commenting on elections for the ABC, Green writes election analysis for third-party media outlets such as The Sydney Morning Herald and Crikey and has appeared before the Joint Standing Committee on Electoral Matters of the Australian Parliament urging reform of the ticket voting system used in Australian Senate elections.
- "Green, Antony". Libraries Australia. Retrieved 3 October 2011.
- Green, Antony (20 August 2011). "A Sad Day for the ABC". Antony Green's Election Blog.
- "Number Cruncher". The Sydney Morning Herald. 25 July 2010. Archived from the original on 27 July 2010. Retrieved 4 August 2010.
- "Antony Green". 2010 South Australian Election. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Archived from the original on 21 April 2010. Retrieved 27 April 2010.
- "site:smh.com.au "Antony Green"". Google Search. Google. Retrieved 27 April 2010.
- "Antony Green". Crikey. Private Media. Archived from the original on 28 March 2010. Retrieved 27 April 2010.
- Committee Secretariat (27 September 2005). "Inquiry into the Conduct of the 2004 Federal Election and Matters Related Thereto". Submissions. Commonwealth of Australia. Retrieved 27 April 2010.
- Green, Antony (23 July 2008). "Problems with the Senate Counting System" (PDF). Extract of evidence from Mr Antony Green to the Joint Standing Committee on Electoral Matters. Commonwealth of Australia. Retrieved 27 April 2010.
- Antony Green "Antony Green (song)" (VIDEO). Video from Keating!. Retrieved 25 Aug 2010.