Open Access Articles- Top Results for Applied physics
Research & Reviews: Journal of Pure and Applied PhysicsStudyof Ultrasonic Velocity, Densityand Viscosityin the Binary Mixturesof Benzyl Benzoatewith 1-Octanol andIsophorone
Research & Reviews: Journal of Pure and Applied PhysicsStructural, Optical Investigation of Manganese Oxide Thin Films by Spray Pyrolysis Technique
Research & Reviews: Journal of Pure and Applied PhysicsCMA Efficient and Robust Algorithm in Monte Carlo simulations at Signal Processing
Research & Reviews: Journal of Pure and Applied PhysicsFusion of Recursively None-Stationary Transformed Signals Based on Exhibition of Complex Dynamics in Phase Remote Sensing Space
Research & Reviews: Journal of Pure and Applied PhysicsEstimation of Clean Spectrogram Noisy Value Functions Based on Metropolis Iterative Algorithm.
"Applied" is distinguished from "pure" by a subtle combination of factors such as the motivation and attitude of researchers and the nature of the relationship to the technology or science that may be affected by the work. It usually differs from engineering in that an applied physicist may not be designing something in particular, but rather is using physics or conducting physics research with the aim of developing new technologies or solving an engineering problem. This approach is similar to that of applied mathematics. In other words, applied physics is rooted in the fundamental truths and basic concepts of the physical sciences but is concerned with the utilization of these scientific principles in practical devices and systems.
Applied physicists can also be interested in the use of physics for scientific research. For instance, the field of accelerator physics can contribute to research in theoretical physics by enabling design and construction of high-energy colliders.
Examples of Research Areas in Applied Physics
- The transistor, which was first invented by physicists John Bardeen, Walter Brattain and William Shockley in 1947
- Lasers, such as Vertical-cavity surface-emitting lasers
- Photonic Crystals and Quantum Optics
- Accelerator Physics
- "Applied Physics". ArticleWorld. Retrieved 10 September 2011.
- "Applied Physics at Caltech - Overview". Caltech. Retrieved 10 September 2011.
- "General Information on Applied Physics". Stanford Department of Applied Physics. Archived from the original on 7 March 2007.
- "Department of Applied Physics / Major in Pure and Applied Physics". Waseda University. Retrieved 10 September 2011.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).