|Country of origin||United States|
David G. Bradley, Chairman |
Scott Havens, President, The Atlantic
Bruce Gottlieb, President, National Journal
Tim Hartman, President, Government Executive
Jean Ellen Cowgill, President, Atlantic Media Strategies
|Number of employees||470|
Atlantic Media is a print and online media company owned by David G. Bradley and based in the Watergate in Washington, D.C. The company publishes several prominent news magazines and digital publications including The Atlantic, Quartz, Government Executive, Defense One and those belonging to its National Journal Group subsidiary: National Journal, The Hotline, National Journal Daily (previously known as Congress Daily), and Technology Daily. The National Journal Group also publishes books and directories, the most known of which is the biennial Almanac of American Politics.
Bradley began his foray into publishing by purchasing the National Journal Group in 1997 and added The Atlantic four years later. After first vowing to leave the magazine in Boston he moved the headquarters to Washington in 2005, losing several senior members of the editorial staff in the process.
In July 2009 reports of sponsored gatherings at the home of Washington Post publisher Katharine Weymouth prompted Bradley to publish a lengthy personal letter defending Atlantic Media's long-standing practice of hosting off-the-record, corporation-sponsored salons.
- "Atlantic Media". Atlantic Media. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- "About Us". National Journal. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- Jaffe, Harry (October 1, 2000). "Citizen Bradley | People & Politics". Washingtonian. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- Nagesh, Gautham (July 2, 2009). "WaPo Salons Sell Access to Lobbyists". The Atlantic. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- Calderone, Michael (July 6, 2009). "David Bradley defends Atlantic Media's exclusive 'salons'". Politico. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- Atlantic Media - official website
- The Atlantic
- City Lab
- The Wire
- Government Executive
- National Journal
- Defense One
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.