|No. 35 New Orleans Saints|
|Date of birth:||June 16, 1989|
|Height:||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Weight:||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|High school:||Hickory (NC)|
Career Template:If empty statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Austin Johnson (born June 16, 1989) is an American football fullback who is currently a member of the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League. He played college football at the University of Tennessee and attended Hickory High School in Hickory, North Carolina.
Johnson participated in football and baseball for the Hickory High School Red Tornadoes. He was an all-state selection in 2006 and 2007. He recorded 692 rushing yards and 18 rushing touchdowns on 108 attempts his senior year. Johnson also recorded 35 receptions and 470 receiving yards. He finished his high school career with 580 tackles.
New Orleans Saints
Johnson signed with the New Orleans Saints on January 7, 2013. He was released by the Saints on August 31, 2013. He was signed to the Saints' practice squad on September 4, 2013. He made his NFL debut on September 7, 2014 against the Atlanta Falcons. Johnson suffered a knee injury in the Saints' Week 8 game against the Green Bay Packers; on November 4, 2014, the Saints placed him on the injured reserve list, ending his season.
- "Austin Johnson". utsports.com. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "AUSTIN JOHNSON". neworleanssaints.com. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "Austin Johnson". kffl.com. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "Austin Johnson". nfl.com. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- Terrell, Katherine (November 4, 2014). "New Orleans Saints place fullback Austin Johnson on injured reserve". The Times-Picayune. Retrieved 2014-11-05.