Commonly used avicides include strychnine, DRC-1339 (3-chloro-4-methylaniline hydrochloride, Starlicide) and CPTH (3-chloro-p-toluidine, the free base of Starlicide), and Avitrol (4-aminopyridine). Chloralose is also used as an avicide. In the past, highly concentrated formulations of parathion in diesel oil were also used, applied by aircraft spraying over the nesting colonies of the birds.
- Wegler, R.: Chemie der Pflanzenschutz- und Schädlingsbekämpfungsmittel, Band 1, Springer, 1970 (german) ISBN 0-387-04782-4
- Exposure of nontarget birds to DRC-1339 avicide in fall baited sunflower fields
- BIOONE Online Journals - BIOONE Online Journals Access Control
- E554-95 Guide for Use and Development of Strychnine as an Avicide (Withdrawn 2000)
- IngentaConnect DRC-1339 avicide fails to protect ripening sunflowers
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.