|Type||Radio network and website|
|Maciek Bernatt-Reschynskyy (Head of Service)|
BBC Ukrainian (Ukrainian: Українська служба Бі-Бі-Сі) is the Ukrainian language franchise of the BBC which conveys the latest political, social, economical and sport news relevant to Ukraine and the world. It started its broadcasts in 1992. Its headquarters is based in London, United Kingdom. The first program of BBC Ukrainian was aired on June 1, 1992, it featured President of Ukraine Leonid Kravchuk and Prime Minister of the United Kingdom John Major. It has an office in Kiev since 1993 with a staff of around ten people, in 1993 the office was manned by one correspondent. BBC Ukrainian has a few dozen reporters - both in Ukraine and abroad.
Since June 2009 BBC Ukrainian was airing hourly news broadcasts outside of its morning and evening broadcasts. Ukrainian BBC radio office ceased broadcasting on April 29, 2011, and left only in the Internet.
"Morning with the BBC" and "Good evening from London" were two the most popular programs broadcast directly from the British capital and from Kyiv, the latter was interactive. On Fridays BBC editors invited guests, well known persons in Ukraine, who were specialist in various fields: politicians, analysts, scientists etc. "Morning with the BBC" started at 6 a.m. Kyiv time on weekdays and was broadcast for one hour by Radio Era and other partner stations. It was on air on ultra-short waves in Kharkov and Kyiv regions.
BBC Ukraine staff
- Olga Burda, started her career as a teacher, worked in Donetsk oblast'. She has worked at the leading Ukrainian newspapers and TV channels, and then she became a radio journalist.
- Alexander Bondarenko, has Diploma in Ukrainian philology, graduate of Lugansk Pedagogical University, worked at several Ukrainian TV channels.
- Svitlana Dorosh, chief correspondent of BBC-Kyiv office, obtained a degree in journalism at the Kyiv National University, she worked in the editors offices of Kyiv newspapers, information agencies and radio stations.
- Anastasia Zanuda is an economist, graduated from Kyiv Institute of National Economy, yet had worked as a translator, and then mastered journalist's skills.
- Oles' Konoshevych is an international lawyer, graduated from the International Relations Department, Kyiv National University
- Lubomir Krupnytskyy is a historian by qualification, graduated from Ternopil Pedagogical University. Yet, has a very vast professional experience as a journalist. Before joining the BBC service he worked as a correspondent for a number of well-known Ukrainian newspapers.
- Svitlana Pyrkalo, producer of the Ukrainian Service, writer, journalist
- Roman Lebed' was the youngest journalist at BBC-Ukraine, graduated from Lviv State University, before joining BBC he had worked at the local radio in Rivne
- Olga Makarchuk, has a degree of translator of English and German languages. She worked on television and radio, was correspondent for BBC Ukrainian Service in Germany
- Marta Shokalo, graduate of Kiev-Mohyla Academy, with a degree in Philosophy, worked at BBC-Ukraine as a journalist
- Invalid language code. Бі-Бі-Сі – зрозуміти світ, BBC Ukrainian
- Invalid language code. Київське бюро, BBC Ukrainian
- Invalid language code. Кореспонденти Української служби по всьому світу, BBC Ukrainian
- Invalid language code. Кореспонденти в Україні та світі, BBC Ukrainian
- Invalid language code. Частоти і cтанції-партнери, BBC Ukrainian