|The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (May 2013)|
|Launched||December 4, 2003 (channel)|
Fox International Channels|
(21st Century Fox)
and 1080i (HDTV)
|Slogan||It's Their Choice|
|Country||United States and International|
|Dish Network (U.S.)||Channel 824 (SD/HD)|
|Sky (UK and Ireland)||Channel 623|
|Sky Italia (Italy)||Channel 624|
Channel 177 (SD) |
Channel 167 (HD)
|My TV (South Africa)||Channel 6|
|Dolce (Romania)||Channel 354|
|D-Smart (Turkey)||Channel 123|
|Meo TV (Portugal)||Channel 44|
|Directv (South America)||Channel 999 and 201 (as a programming block)|
|SKY México (Mexico, Central America and Caribbean)||Channel 324|
|UPC (Austria)||Channel 406|
|Telefonica (Colombia)||Channel 309|
|UNE (Colombia)||Channel 128|
|Dish Network (Mexico)||Channel 315 (Spanish)|
Channel 618 (SD)|
Channel 638 (HD) (Coming Soon)
|nc+ (Poland) (SD/HD)||Channel 92|
|OTE TV (Greece)||Channel 504|
|DishTV (India) (SD/HD)||Channel 64|
|Indovision (Indonesia)||Channel 40 (HD)|
|Cignal Digital TV (Philippines)||Channel 37|
|Dream Satellite TV (Philippines)||Channel TBA|
|TVB Network Vision|
|Tata Sky (India)||Channel 621|
|yes (Israel)||Channel 81|
|OSN (Middle East|
& North Africa)
|SkyCable (Philippines)||Channel 122 (Digital)|
|Destiny Cable (Philippines)||
Channel 48 (Analog) |
Channel 122 (Digital)
|Parasat Cable TV (Philippines)||Channel 104|
|Virgin Media||Channel 703|
|StarHub TV (Singapore)||Channel 302|
|Naxoo (Switzerland)||Channel 125|
|Unitymedia (Germany)||Channel 250|
|Rogers Cable (Canada)||Channel 232|
|Ziggo (Netherlands)||Channel 310|
|Kabel Deutschland (Germany)||Channel 845|
|Smallworld Cable (UK)||Channel 640|
|MELITA Cable (Malta)||Channel 459|
|GO Digital Multiplus (Malta)||Channel 404|
|Cablelink (Philippines)||Channel 211|
|In Digital (India)||Channel 874 (HD) (English Feed Only)|
|Kigjack Cable TV (Philippines)||Channel 43|
|now TV (Hong Kong)||Channel 448|
|World On Demand (Japan)||Channel 502|
|Fetch TV (Australia)||Channel 150|
|Belgacom (Belgium)||Channel French 140, Dutch 130|
|Mio TV (Singapore)||
Channel 244( HD)|
Channel 245 (Baby TV on Demand)
|SkyAngel (U.S.)||Channel 309|
|AT&T U-verse (U.S.)||Channel 330|
|PEO TV (Sri Lanka)||Channel 63|
|Sling TV||Internet Protocol television|
BabyTV is a television channel for infants, toddlers, and parents, distributed worldwide by Fox International Channels. Launched in 2003, BabyTV is distributed in over 100 countries, broadcasting in 18 languages (as of 2013).
- BabyTV was first launched on 4 Dec 2003, and on 8 Oct 2007, News Corps’ Fox International Channels acquired a major stake in BabyTV, placing it alongside its international offerings of Fox Crime, FX, National Geographic and others.
- In 2006, Indovision with Dori Media Distribution started operating Baby TV in Indonesia. Re-brand as Vision 3 Baby, this channel dubbed in Bahasa Indonesia and has same program content and schedules with Baby TV Asia beams; however, advertising is different on both beams.
- BabyTV was also launched on Sky Digital in the UK on February 5, 2007.
- The channel, along with Fox Crime and FX was launched in India on March 25, 2009.
- In January 2011, BabyTV was added to the programming package of Dish Network on channel 126.
- On December 1, 2011, BabyTV was launched via SkyCable channel 140 and it will only be available through its digital platform.
- On October 1, 2012, BabyTV was launched via mio TV channel 244 and it will be the first to launch the channel in HDTV 16:9 Format.
- Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau are available on Now TV Channel 448, Macau Cable TV Channel 61 (SD) and 861 (HD) and Taiwan CATV Channel 311 (HD) and CHT MOD Channel 17.
- A Spanish language version is available in the United States on Dish Network.
BabyTV's original program library, which is developed in-house in co-operation with childhood development experts and content experts is built around nine developmental themes, which cover all early learning skill and developmental milestones for toddlers.
The nine categories are:
- First Concepts
- Nature & Animals
- Music & Art
- Imagination & Creativity
- Building Friendships
- Songs & Rhymes
- Guessing Games
BabyTV's video on demand service features edited segments of BabyTV programming, categorized into their nine developmental themes, in hundreds of half hour segments and is available in languages including English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin, and Turkish. The on-demand channel is available on mio TV. It will be launched to Starhub TV in Singapore and other Pay TV providers in Asia in the future.
BabyTV has introduced a DVD offering. "My First Years Library" is a library that covers early learning skills and developmental milestones that children encounter in their first years. BabyTV's DVD collection features segments of BabyTV content and includes some of the channel's leading characters such as: Lily & Pepper, Oliver, Big Bugs Band, Pim & Pimba, Hungry Henry, Danny & Daddy, Bath Tubbies, Zoe Wants to Be, Pitch & Potch, Charlie & the Numbers, Popiz, Hippa Hippa Hey, and Tulli.
RRSat provides playout and uplink services to the BabyTV channel. Languages are encrypted and uplinked via Hotbird 6, Measat 3a and Galaxy 23.