Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Barqusya

Barqusya

Barqusya
Subdistrict Hebron
Coordinates

31°40′46.05″N 34°49′23.80″E / 31.6794583°N 34.8232778°E / 31.6794583; 34.8232778Coordinates: 31°40′46.05″N 34°49′23.80″E / 31.6794583°N 34.8232778°E / 31.6794583; 34.8232778{{#coordinates:31|40|46.05|N|34|49|23.80|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 133/120
Population 330 (1945)
Date of depopulation Not known[1]

Barqusya (also: Barkusya, Arabic: بركوسيا‎) was a Palestinian Arab village in the Hebron Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War on July 9, 1948 under Operation An-Far. It was located 31 km northwest of Hebron.

In 1945 it had a population of 330. The village had one artesian well which was used in the late 19th century.

References

  1. ^ Morris, 2004, p.xix, village #291. Morris gives both cause and date for depopulation as "Not known"

Bibliography

External links

Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.