Barron's Educational Series
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Hauppauge, New York|
Barron's Educational Series, Inc. is an American test preparation company, founded in 1941 as a publisher of materials to help students to prepare for college entrance examinations, and that offers online college entrance exam preparation classes. The company offers materials for the SAT Reasoning test, SAT Subject Tests, TOEFL, CAHSEE, CHSPE, AP examinations, New York State Regents Examinations, SHSAT and similarly regulated American educational tests.
In recent years, Barron's has expanded into many other publishing fields, with 2,000 titles in a wide range of categories. Barron's headquarters are in Hauppauge, New York. Several present and past series include:
- Step-by-Step cookbooks, including both ethnic and appliance-based titles
- Made Easy educational books, which cover numerous school subjects, particularly on high school and college level, in concise form
- 1001 Pitfalls, foreign-language grammars focusing on common student pitfalls. The 501 Verbs series functions as companion volumes, and abbreviated pocket-sized grammars, verb tables, and vocabulary books based on these are also available
- Master the Basics, foreign-language self-instruction
- Painless, a reference-oriented review of numerous academic subjects
- The Night at the Museum - Published by Barron's
- The Food Lover's Companion
- CliffsNotes, SparkNotes -- major competitors
- Barron's Educational Series official siteLua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.