|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
In the late 1950s, Shefter struck up an alliance with fellow film composer Paul Sawtell and they produced many film scores together. Most notably they provided the music to classic science fiction and horror films including Kronos (1957), It! The Terror from Beyond Space (1958), Return of the Fly (1959), The Lost World (1960), Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (1961, in cooperation with producer Irwin Allen), and Jack the Giant Killer (1962). In 1965 they composed some scores for the director Russ Meyer, such as the cult classic Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill! and Motorpsycho. The last score they provided was for the Mexican film Emiliano Zapata in 1970 shortly before Sawtell's death.
He retired in 1975 and died in 1999 at the age of 97.
- Kronos (1957)
- Ambush at Cimarron Pass (1958)
- It! The Terror from Beyond Space (1958)
- Return of the Fly (1959)
- The Big Circus (1959)
- The Lost World (1960)
- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (1961)
- Jack the Giant Killer (1962)
- The Last Man on Earth (1964)
- Curse of the Fly (1965)
- Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill! (1965)
- Motorpsycho (1965)
- Emiliano Zapata (1970)
- The Gatling Gun (1971)
- Larson, Randall D. (2012). Musique Fantastique: 100 Years of Fantasy, Science Fiction, & Horror Film Music (2nd Edition), Chapter 8. Creature Features.
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.