|Developer(s)||The Bioclipse Project|
|Initial release||17 November 2005|
|Stable release||2.6.0 (December 22, 2012[±])|
|Preview release||2.6.2.beta (August 25, 2014[±])|
|License||Eclipse Public License|
Like any RCP application, Bioclipse uses a plugin architecture that inherits basic functionality and visual interfaces from Eclipse, such as help system, software updates, preferences, cross-platform deployment etc. Via its plugins, Bioclipse provides functionality for chemo- and bioinformatics, and extension points that easily can be extended by other, possibly proprietary, plugins to provide additional functionality.
The first stable release of Bioclipse includes a Chemistry Development Kit (CDK) plugin to provide a chemoinformatic backend, a Jmol plugin for 3D-visualization of molecules, and a BioJava plugin for sequence analysis. Recently, the R platform, using StatET, and OpenTox were added.
Bioclipse is developed as a collaboration between the Proteochemometric Group, Dept. of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Uppsala University, Sweden, the Christoph Steinbeck Group at the European Bioinformatics Institute, and the Analytical Chemistry Department at Leiden University, but also includes extensions developed at other academic institutes, including the Karolinska Institutet and Maastricht University. The development is backed up by the International Bioclipse Association.
Bioclipse Scripting Language
- Ola Spjuth, Tobias Helmus, Egon L Willighagen, Stefan Kuhn, Martin Eklund, Johannes Wagener, P. Murray-Rust, Christoph Steinbeck, Jarl E.S. Wikberg, Bioclipse: An open source workbench for chemo- and bioinformatics, BMC Bioinformatics, 2007, 8. doi:10.1186/1471-2105-8-59
- Ola Spjuth, Jonathan Alvarsson, Arvid Berg, Martin Eklund, Stefan Kuhn, Carl Mäsak, Gilleain Torrance, Johannes Wagener, Egon L Willighagen, Christoph Steinbeck, and Jarl ES Wikberg, Bioclipse 2: A scriptable integration platform for the life sciences, BMC Bioinformatics, 2009, 10, doi:10.1186/1471-2105-10-397
- Spjuth, O.; Georgiev, V.; Carlsson, L.; Alvarsson, J.; Berg, A.; Willighagen, E.; Wikberg, J. E. S.; Eklund, M. (2012). "Bioclipse-R: Integrating management and visualization of life science data with statistical analysis". Bioinformatics 29 (2): 286–289. PMC 3546796. PMID 23178637. doi:10.1093/bioinformatics/bts681.
- Bioclipse Labs
- Uppsala University Pressmedelanden: Dubbla utmärkelser för IT/bioteknik-system
- www.bioclipse.net homepage
- SourceForge project page
- Planet Bioclipse (RSS Aggregator)
- Bug Tracker
- BSL scripts on MyExperiment.org