Bishop of Stockport
The Bishop of Stockport is an episcopal title used by a suffragan bishop of the Church of England Diocese of Chester, in the Province of York, England. The title takes its name after the town of Stockport in Greater Manchester.
Libby Lane was consecrated as the Bishop of Stockport by the Archbishop of York, John Sentamu, in York Minster on 26 January 2015, succeeding Robert Atwell and becoming the first woman to be consecrated a bishop of the Church of England.
List of bishops
|Bishops of Stockport|
|2000||2007||Nigel Stock ||Translated to St Edmundsbury and Ipswich|
|2008||2014||Robert Atwell |
|2015||present||Libby Lane||First female bishop in the Church of England|
- Crockford's Clerical Directory (100th ed.). London: Church House Publishing. 2007. pp. 948–949. ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0.
- Church of England Media Centre – Libby Lane Announced as Bishop of Stockport (Accessed 17 December 2014)
- BBC News Libby Lane: First female Church of England bishop consecrated
- Queen approves new bishop. Retrieved on 7 June 2008.
- Suffragan See of Stockport. Retrieved on 7 June 2008.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.