|Categories||Media and television|
|Circulation||6,383 (Jan–Dec 2012)|
|Company||Top Right Group|
Broadcast is a weekly magazine for the United Kingdom television and radio industry. It covers a wide range of news and issues affecting the professional broadcast market in the UK. Broadcast has regular weekly sections covering news, commissioning, facilities, analysis, opinion, interview, platforms, production and ratings. Broadcast also often has a special feature covering an issue relevant to the industry. It is owned by British media giant Top Right Group, which counts Emap, 4C, Cannes Lions and i2i Events as subsidiaries. Broadcast previously fell within Emap, but at the start of 2013 it was separated off from the other Emap magazines to sit within the newly formed, Media Business Insight, another subsidiary of Top Right Group. Other titles within Media Business Insight include Screen International and Shots.
Broadcast was started in 1973 by Rod Allen, who went on to work at LWT, HTV and HarperCollinsInteractive. He was most recently head of the Department of Journalism at City University, London, until he retired in 2006. He still contributes occasionally to the magazine.
Broadcast is edited by Chris Curtis and the website is Broadcastnow.co.uk.
Other members of the editorial team include:
- Editor Chris Curtis
- News editor Jake Kanter
- Features editor Robin Parker
- Web editor Alex Farber
- Senior reporter, international Peter White
- Senior reporter Alexandra Chapman
- Reporter Matthew Campelli
Notable former staffers (current positions):
- Matt Baker (UK, Australia, Russia, Central and Eastern Europe vice-president of corporate communications for Viacom International)
- John Plunkett (Media Guardian)
- Paul Revoir (Daily Mail TV reporter)
- Katherine Rushton (Daily Telegraph US business editor)
- Tara Conlan (former Daily Mail and Guardian TV journalist)
- Colin Robertson (Sun TV Biz editor)
- Leigh Holmwood (Sun TV Biz deputy editor)
- Dan Wotton (former News of the World TV editor)
- Liz Thomas (former Daily Mail TV reporter)
- Jason Deans (Media Guardian editor)
- Conor Dignam (Media Business Insight chief executive)
- Lisa Campbell (Guardian Edinburgh International TV Festival director)
The magazine organises the annual Broadcast Awards held to recognise and reward excellence in and around the UK television programming industry. The awards are held each January in Grosvenor House Hotel, London. Additionally since 2005 the magazine has held the annual Broadcast Digital Channel Awards specifically for the digital TV industry, recognising and rewarding innovation, creativity and commercial success. These awards are held each June.
- "Business Magazines Circulation Certificate – Broadcast" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations (UK). 30 June 2013. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.