Buntil is a traditional Javanese dish of "scraped coconut meat mixed with teri (anchovies) and spices, wrapped in a papaya leaf, then boiled in coconut milk."  Described as "shredded coconut with anchovy-type fish wrapped in papaya leaves," the dish is served at Tembi's Resort Ndeso.
- Sambal jengot (hot spicy sauce made from grated young coconut)
- Serat Centhini A cookbook written in 1824
- Slamet Susanto Tembi Ndeso Resort: Modern facilities, old Javanese charm Bantul, Yogyakarta 07/11/2008 Java Brew Jakarta Post
- Badiatul Muclisin Asti & Laela Nurisysyafa'ah Kumpulan Resep Masakan Tradisional dari Sabang sampai Merauke Media Pressindo ISBN 979-788-072-9, ISBN 978-979-788-072-9
- Slamet SusantoHandicraft shopping in the countryside 02/26/2009 Jakarta Post