Voltage-dependent calcium channel gamma-4 subunit is a protein that in humans is encoded by the CACNG4 gene.
L-type calcium channels are composed of five subunits. The protein encoded by this gene represents one of these subunits, gamma, and is one of several gamma subunit proteins. It is an integral membrane protein that is thought to stabilize the calcium channel in an inactive (closed) state. This gene is a member of the neuronal calcium channel gamma subunit gene subfamily of the PMP-22/EMP/MP20 family and is located in a cluster with two similar gamma subunit-encoding genes.
- Gerhard DS, Wagner L, Feingold EA et al. (2004). "The Status, Quality, and Expansion of the NIH Full-Length cDNA Project: The Mammalian Gene Collection (MGC)". Genome Res. 14 (10B): 2121–7. PMC 528928. PMID 15489334. doi:10.1101/gr.2596504.
- Ota T, Suzuki Y, Nishikawa T et al. (2004). "Complete sequencing and characterization of 21,243 full-length human cDNAs". Nat. Genet. 36 (1): 40–5. PMID 14702039. doi:10.1038/ng1285.
- Moss FJ, Dolphin AC, Clare JJ (2004). "Human neuronal stargazin-like proteins, γ2, γ3 and γ4; an investigation of their specific localization in human brain and their influence on CaV2.1 voltage-dependent calcium channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes". BMC neuroscience 4: 23. PMC 270087. PMID 14505496. doi:10.1186/1471-2202-4-23.
- Strausberg RL, Feingold EA, Grouse LH et al. (2003). "Generation and initial analysis of more than 15,000 full-length human and mouse cDNA sequences". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 99 (26): 16899–903. PMC 139241. PMID 12477932. doi:10.1073/pnas.242603899.
- Chu PJ, Robertson HM, Best PM (2002). "Calcium channel gamma subunits provide insights into the evolution of this gene family". Gene 280 (1–2): 37–48. PMID 11738816. doi:10.1016/S0378-1119(01)00738-7.
- Burgess DL, Gefrides LA, Foreman PJ, Noebels JL (2001). "A cluster of three novel Ca2+ channel gamma subunit genes on chromosome 19q13.4: evolution and expression profile of the gamma subunit gene family". Genomics 71 (3): 339–50. PMID 11170751. doi:10.1006/geno.2000.6440.
- Powers PA, Liu S, Hogan K, Gregg RG (1993). "Molecular characterization of the gene encoding the gamma subunit of the human skeletal muscle 1,4-dihydropyridine-sensitive Ca2+ channel (CACNLG), cDNA sequence, gene structure, and chromosomal location". J. Biol. Chem. 268 (13): 9275–9. PMID 8387489.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.
This article incorporates text from the United States National Library of Medicine, which is in the public domain.