|Symbols||; BY55; NK1; NK28|
|RNA expression pattern|
|File:PBB GE CD160 207840 at tn.png|
CD160 is a 27 kDa glycoprotein which was initially identified with the monoclonal antibody BY55. Its expression is tightly associated with peripheral blood NK cells and CD8 T lymphocytes with cytolytic effector activity. The cDNA sequence of CD160 predicts a cysteine-rich, glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored protein of 181 amino acids with a single Ig-like domain weakly homologous to KIR2DL4 molecule. CD160 is expressed at the cell surface as a tightly disulfide-linked multimer. RNA blot analysis revealed CD160 mRNAs of 1.5 and 1.6 kb whose expression was highly restricted to circulating NK and T cells, spleen and small intestine. Within NK cells CD160 is expressed by CD56dimCD16+ cells whereas among circulating T cells its expression is mainly restricted to TCRgd bearing cells and to TCRab+CD8brightCD95+CD56+CD28-CD27-cells. In tissues, CD160 is expressed on all intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes. CD160 shows a broad specificity for binding to both classical and nonclassical MHC class I molecules.
CD160 as a potential new target in cases of human pathological ocular and tumor neoangiogenesis that do not respond or become resistant to existing antiangiogenic drugs.
Related gene problems
- Anumanthan A, Bensussan A, Boumsell L, Christ AD, Blumberg RS, Voss SD, Patel AT, Robertson MJ, Nadler LM, Freeman GJ (Oct 1998). "Cloning of BY55, a novel Ig superfamily member expressed on NK cells, CTL, and intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes". J Immunol 161 (6): 2780–90. PMID 9743336.
- Agrawal S, Marquet J, Freeman GJ, Tawab A, Bouteiller PL, Roth P, Bolton W, Ogg G, Boumsell L, Bensussan A (Apr 1999). "Cutting edge: MHC class I triggering by a novel cell surface ligand costimulates proliferation of activated human T cells". J Immunol 162 (3): 1223–6. PMID 9973372.
- "Entrez Gene: CD160 CD160 molecule".
- Klopocki E, Schulze H, Strauss G et al. (February 2007). "Complex inheritance pattern resembling autosomal recessive inheritance involving a microdeletion in thrombocytopenia-absent radius syndrome". Am. J. Hum. Genet. 80 (2): 232–40. PMC 1785342. PMID 17236129. doi:10.1086/510919.
- Bensussan A, Gluckman E, el Marsafy S et al. (1994). "BY55 monoclonal antibody delineates within human cord blood and bone marrow lymphocytes distinct cell subsets mediating cytotoxic activity.". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 91 (19): 9136–40. PMC 44762. PMID 8090781. doi:10.1073/pnas.91.19.9136.
- Nikolova M, Marie-Cardine A, Boumsell L, Bensussan A (2002). "BY55/CD160 acts as a co-receptor in TCR signal transduction of a human circulating cytotoxic effector T lymphocyte subset lacking CD28 expression.". Int. Immunol. 14 (5): 445–51. PMID 11978774. doi:10.1093/intimm/14.5.445.
- Strausberg RL, Feingold EA, Grouse LH et al. (2003). "Generation and initial analysis of more than 15,000 full-length human and mouse cDNA sequences.". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 99 (26): 16899–903. PMC 139241. PMID 12477932. doi:10.1073/pnas.242603899.
- Tanaka J, Toubai T, Tsutsumi Y et al. (2004). "Cytolytic activity and regulatory functions of inhibitory NK cell receptor-expressing T cells expanded from granulocyte colony-stimulating factor-mobilized peripheral blood mononuclear cells.". Blood 104 (3): 768–74. PMID 15073036. doi:10.1182/blood-2003-11-3870.
- Gerhard DS, Wagner L, Feingold EA et al. (2004). "The status, quality, and expansion of the NIH full-length cDNA project: the Mammalian Gene Collection (MGC).". Genome Res. 14 (10B): 2121–7. PMC 528928. PMID 15489334. doi:10.1101/gr.2596504.
- Barakonyi A, Rabot M, Marie-Cardine A et al. (2004). "Cutting edge: engagement of CD160 by its HLA-C physiological ligand triggers a unique cytokine profile secretion in the cytotoxic peripheral blood NK cell subset.". J. Immunol. 173 (9): 5349–54. PMID 15494480. doi:10.4049/jimmunol.173.9.5349.
- Abecassis S, Giustiniani J, Meyer N et al. (2007). "Identification of a novel CD160+ CD4+ T-lymphocyte subset in the skin: a possible role for CD160 in skin inflammation.". J. Invest. Dermatol. 127 (5): 1161–6. PMID 17218942. doi:10.1038/sj.jid.5700680.
- Giustiniani J, Marie-Cardine A, Bensussan A (2007). "A soluble form of the MHC class I-specific CD160 receptor is released from human activated NK lymphocytes and inhibits cell-mediated cytotoxicity.". J. Immunol. 178 (3): 1293–300. PMID 17237375. doi:10.4049/jimmunol.178.3.1293.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.
Skin Research Center lab Hopital St Louis, Paris (France) Dir. Dr. A. Bensussan