|Symbols||; CDHF10; EGFL2; Flamingo1; MEGF3|
|External IDs||IUPHAR: GeneCards:|
|RNA expression pattern|
|File:PBB GE CELSR2 204029 at tn.png|
|File:PBB GE CELSR2 36499 at tn.png|
The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the flamingo subfamily, part of the cadherin superfamily. The flamingo subfamily consists of nonclassic-type cadherins; a subpopulation that does not interact with catenins. The flamingo cadherins are located at the plasma membrane and have nine cadherin domains, seven epidermal growth factor-like repeats and two laminin A G-type repeats in their ectodomain. They also have seven transmembrane domains, a characteristic unique to this subfamily. It is postulated that these proteins are receptors involved in contact-mediated communication, with cadherin domains acting as homophilic binding regions and the EGF-like domains involved in cell adhesion and receptor-ligand interactions. The specific function of this particular member has not been determined.
- Nakayama M, Nakajima D, Nagase T, Nomura N, Seki N, Ohara O (Sep 1998). "Identification of high-molecular-weight proteins with multiple EGF-like motifs by motif-trap screening". Genomics 51 (1): 27–34. PMID 9693030. doi:10.1006/geno.1998.5341.
- "Entrez Gene: CELSR2 cadherin, EGF LAG seven-pass G-type receptor 2 (flamingo homolog, Drosophila)".
- Nagase T, Seki N, Ishikawa K et al. (1997). "Prediction of the coding sequences of unidentified human genes. VI. The coding sequences of 80 new genes (KIAA0201-KIAA0280) deduced by analysis of cDNA clones from cell line KG-1 and brain.". DNA Res. 3 (5): 321–9, 341–54. PMID 9039502. doi:10.1093/dnares/3.5.321.
- Wu Q, Maniatis T (1999). "A striking organization of a large family of human neural cadherin-like cell adhesion genes.". Cell 97 (6): 779–90. PMID 10380929. doi:10.1016/S0092-8674(00)80789-8.
- Wu Q, Maniatis T (2000). "Large exons encoding multiple ectodomains are a characteristic feature of protocadherin genes". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 97 (7): 3124–9. PMC 16203. PMID 10716726. doi:10.1073/pnas.060027397.
- Vincent JB, Skaug J, Scherer SW (2001). "The human homologue of flamingo, EGFL2, encodes a brain-expressed large cadherin-like protein with epidermal growth factor-like domains, and maps to chromosome 1p13.3-p21.1". DNA Res. 7 (3): 233–5. PMID 10907856. doi:10.1093/dnares/7.3.233.
- Ota T, Suzuki Y, Nishikawa T et al. (2004). "Complete sequencing and characterization of 21,243 full-length human cDNAs". Nat. Genet. 36 (1): 40–5. PMID 14702039. doi:10.1038/ng1285.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.