Open Access Articles- Top Results for CITIC Securities

CITIC Securities

CITIC Securities Company Limited
State-owned enterprise
Industry Investment Bank
Founded 1995
Headquarters Shenzhen, People's Republic of China
Area served
People's Republic of China
Key people
Wang Dongming (Chairman)
Parent CITIC Group
Website CITIC Securities Company Limited

CITIC Securities Company Limited (SSE: 600030, SEHK6030) is a leading full-service investment bank in China, it maintains the leading position on business fronts such as investment banking, brokerage, asset management, investment advisory service, etc. CITIC Securities was established in 1995 and it is headquartered in Beijing. Its parent company is CITIC Group.


On January 6, 2003, CITIC Securities (Ticker: 600030.SH) was listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange(SSE). On October 6, 2011, CITIC Securities (Ticker: 6030.HK) was listed on the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited(HKEX).


In 2011, CITIC Securities ranked No.1 in China in investment banking business as measured by the total amount of equity and debt underwritten, No.1 in sales, trading and brokerage business as measured by equity and fixed income trading turnover and No.1 in asset management business as measured by AUM. CITIC Securities is also the largest among China's investment banks as measured by total assets, total equity, total revenue and profit in 2011.


In 2011, CITIC Securities was awarded the "Best Equity House in China" and "Best Broker in China" by FinanceAsia; "China Equity House" by the IFR Asia; "Most Innovative Investment Bank from Asia" by The Banker. The research team have been awarded “Best Local Research Team” by New Fortune in six consecutive years.


In July 2012, the company agreed to buy Credit Agricole SA CLSA unit for $1.25 billion which 19.9 percent stake or $310.3 million will be bought in the first step and the remaining 80.1 percent stake or $941.7 million will be bought later.[1]


External links