|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2010)|
|Launched||November 16, 2000|
|Owned by||Doğuş Holding (franchisee)|
|Picture format||16:9 (576i, SDTV) (4:3 plus Stock Ticker during the business day|
|Language||Turkish, English (with Turkish subtitles.)|
http://www.cnbce.com/ (for economy) |
http://www.cnbce.tv/ (for entertainment)
|Turksat 3A||11054 H, SR 30000, FEC 5/6|
|Turksat Kablo TV||S23|
CNBC-e is a hybrid business/financial and entertainment channel operated in Turkey by CNBC Europe and the NTV Group. The channel shares its name with a co-owned magazine about CNBC-e. The economy-related morning and afternoon programmes of CNBC-e are in Turkish and are dedicated mainly to the global and Turkish financial markets such as the Istanbul Stock Exchange, while the evening programmes are mostly American TV series, films, talk shows and animations in English (with Turkish subtitles.)
The channel also produces a weekly 15-minute programme in English, Business Turkey, which airs at weekends on CNBC Europe and is one of the few CNBC programmes still using the channel's 2000 on-air identity, though only for its opening titles.
The schedule contains education, culture, drama, entertainment, music and sports programs and news with commercial breaks.
The channel's business day programmes use the same on-air look like CNBC Europe.
During the day, the channel operates as the Turkish-language version of CNBC Europe. The channel broadcasts five main business day shows which are corresponding programmes of CNBC Europe, but are dedicated mainly to the Turkish financial markets:
- Squawk Box Europe: Geri Sayım
- Morning Exchange: Piyasa Ekranı
- Power Lunch Europe: Finans Cafe
- Street Signs: Kapanışa Doğru
- European Closing Bell: Son Baskı
Also it airs a business day show of BBC Turkish.
CNBC-e uses a ticker similar to CNBC Europe and this ticker is only shown throughout the business day. The ticker is continuously shown on commercial breaks, only during the business day. Normally, the ticker is three-line, except when it is a Turkish business day with no ISE session. Then, ticker is two-line. Unlike CNBC Europe, CNBC-e ticker is not sponsored, but CNBC-e business day shows and programs are. Ticker contains as follows: (times are Turkish official standard/summer time)
- Squawk Box(6:00–8:30): Upper Band: Worldwide Markets Middle Band: ISE Stocks (in alphabetical order) Lower Band: Business News separated by NBC logo
- ISE Pre-Market (8:30–9:30): Upper Band: Futures, Bonds Middle Band: ISE Stocks(in alphabetical order). Lower Band: Business News separated by NBC logo
- ISE Market Hours (9:30–12:30, 13:30–18:00): Upper Band: Futures, Bonds, Most Actives, Winners and Losers Middle Band: ISE Stocks (in alphabetical order). Lower Band: Business News separated by NBC logo.
- ISe Lunch Break (12:30–13:30): Upper Band: Worldwide Markets Middle Band: ISE Stocks (in alphabetical order) Lower Band: Business News separated by NBC logo
That's the disclaimer translated into English:
All the data broadcast under the ISE trademark are copyrighted and may not be rebroadcast nor republished. ISE is a trademark of Istanbul Stock Exchange.