California State Senate districts
California's State Senate districts are numbered 1st through 40th, generally in north-to-south order.
In accordance with the Article XXI of the California Constitution, senate district boundaries are redrawn every ten years based on data from the United States Census. The current boundaries were drawn in 2011 by a California Citizens Redistricting Commission. The census enumerated population of each district was within 1% of 931,349 with an average absolute deviation of 0.449%.
- "Final Report on 2011 Redistricting" (PDF). State of California. 2011. Retrieved February 27, 2013.
- Map of State Senate Districts
- California Legislative District Maps (1911-Present)
- RAND California Election Returns: District Definitions (out of date)
- California State Senate
- Current Candidates for the State Senate
- Find Your California Representative