Cameroon national rugby union team
Template:Infobox rugby team The Cameroon national rugby union team represent Cameroon in the sport of rugby union. They are ranked as a tier-three nation by the International Rugby Board (IRB). Cameroon have thus far not qualified for a Rugby World Cup, but have competed in qualifying tournaments. Cameroon also compete annually in the Africa Cup.
In 2001 Cameroon played in the African qualification tournaments for the 2003 Rugby World Cup in Australia. Grouped in Pool A of Round 1, along with Uganda and Zambia. Cameroon lost their first match by one point, 25-24 to Zambia, but then defeated Uganda 17 to nil. Cameroon finished first in the final standings, advancing to Round 2.
Cameroon participated in the African qualifying tournament for the 2007 Rugby World Cup, playing in the Northern Pool of Round 1a, along with Senegal and Nigeria. Cameroon finished second in the final standings after narrowly losing to Senegal, and defeating Nigeria. They also competed in the 2006 Africa Cup.
World Cup record
- 1987 - No qualifying tournament held
- 1991 - 1999 - Did not enter
- 2003 - 2011 - Did not qualify
- 2015 - Withdrew
As of 11 December 2012 their record against all nations is as follows:
|23x15px Ivory Coast||1||0||1||0||0%|
|Template:Country data KEN||4||0||4||0||0%|
- "International Rugby Union Statistics: Cameroon". Rugbydata.com. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- Cameroon on rugbydata.com
- History of Rugby in Cameroon (In French)
- Invalid language code. Seul un renouvellement de la fédé fera revenir les pros
- Report of Kenya-Cameroon Game
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.