Canadian Sleep Society
|Headquarters||St. Catharines, Ontario|
|Kimberly Cote, PhD|
The Canadian Sleep Society (CSS) / Société Canadienne du Sommeil (SCS) is a professional organization whose membership is primarily made up of sleep medicine practitioners, sleep researchers, polysomnographic technicians and students.
The Canadian Sleep Society is a national organization committed to improving sleep for all Canadians through: support for research, promotion of high quality clinical care, education of professionals and the public, and advocacy for sleep and sleep disorders medicine.
The official newsletter of the CSS, Vigilance provides information to its membership and to the public about the activities of the society. Vigilance is typically published in electronic format biannually.
A number of educational brochures are also freely available in English and French from the CSS
The Canadian Sleep Society Congress gathers biannually to present information on sleep research and sleep medicine. Approximately 500 to 800 people attend the meeting, and is the largest of its kind in Canada entirely devoted to sleep. The meeting is composed of scientific presentations, an exhibition hall, public lectures, education courses, a technologists program and a student day.
- The Official Site of the Canadian Sleep Society
- The 2011 joint congress of the World Association of Sleep Medicine and the CSS in Quebec City, Canada, September 10-15, 2011
- The Official Site of the World Association of Sleep Medicine (WASM)
- The Official Site of The World Federation of Sleep Research & Sleep Medicine Societies (WFSRSMS)
- http://www.css-scs.ca/menu/publications Vigilance, the Official Newsletter of the Canadian Sleep Society
- http://www.css-scs.ca/menu/education-and-information/brochures Sleep Health and Disorders Brochures
- http://www.css-scs.ca/conference Meetings of the Canadian Sleep Society