Casio G'zOne Commando
|This article needs attention from an expert on the subject. (May 2011)|
|Manufacturer||NEC Casio Mobile Communications（Casio）|
|First released||28 April 2011|
|Availability by country||United States April 28, 2011(Verizon)|
|Successor||G'zOne COMMANDO 4G LTE|
|Related||G'zOne Brigade, G'zOne Ravine|
Script error: No such module "convert". H |
Script error: No such module "convert". W
Script error: No such module "convert". D
|Weight||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Operating system||Android 2.2 Froyo (upgrade to 2.3.3 Required)|
|CPU||800MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S2|
|Memory||512 MB RAM|
|Removable storage||8 GB microSD card included; support for 32 GB|
|Battery||1460 mAh Li–ion, use: up to 450 min., standby: up to 270 hrs|
|Data inputs||Virtual QWERTY keyboard, microphone|
Script error: No such module "convert". touchscreen, 480x800 WVGA LCD,|
pixel size: Script error: No such module "convert"., 262.5ppi
|Rear camera||5 MP, autofocus, LED flash, dedicated key|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, mobile hotspot capable, Bluetooth v2.1 +EDR|
|Other||Headset: 3.5 mm audio jack|
|Hearing aid compatibility||M4/T4 |
The Casio G'zOne Commando is a smartphone which is ruggedized and runs the Android operating system. It is made by NEC Casio Mobile Communications, a joint venture of three Japanese electronics makers: NEC, Casio and Hitachi. It was first released by Verizon in the United States on 28 April 2011.
Its main selling feature is that it is ruggedized to military standard MIL-STD-810G. As of May 2011[update], it is the first retail-available smartphone so certified. Thus, it is stronger and more durable than normal consumer electronics, similar in concept to the Motorola DEFY, but certified tougher. The phone should be able to handle drops, spills and dirt that accompany physically demanding activities such as those in harsh work environments or outdoors. At one publication, technicians tested this phone and more recently, the updated model, G'zOne Commando 4G LTE. They found both models "rugged"; and describe no ill effects after randomly dropping G'zOne Commando 4G LTE, and submerging it under water for half an hour.
The phone was released with the Android 2.2.1 Froyo operating system, but an upgrade to Android 2.3.3 is now mandatory.
Some reviewers have criticized the phone's styling and aesthetics as unattractive.
- Casio G'zOne Commando App Development | Verizon Developer Community
- "Casio G'zOne Commando". 13 April 2012.
- "Casio G'zOne Commando". Verizon Wireless. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- Jerry Hildenbrand (20 April 2011). "Casio Commando to launch April 28 on Verizon". Android Central. Smartphone Experts.
- John V. (26 April 2011). "Rugged style Casio G’zOne Commando is coming to Verizon starting on April 28 for $200". phoneArena.com.
- "Brain Powered Gear: GzOne Commando". Casio Computer Co. Casio America, Inc. Retrieved 5 May 2011.
- "Casio G'zOne Commando 4G LTE".
- Stimac, Blake (31 March 2011). "Verizon’s Casio Commando belongs in the bottom of the ocean". IntoMobile.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.