Central Board of Secondary Education
Logo of Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Type||Governmental Board of Education|
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Hindi & English|
|Ministry of Human Resource Development|
The Central Board of Secondary Education (abbreviated as CBSE) is a Board of Education for public and private schools, under the Union Government of India.
The first education board to be set up in India was the Uttar Pradesh Board of High School and Intermediate Education in 1921, which was under jurisdiction of Rajputana, Central India and Gwalior. In 1929, the government of India set up a joint Board named "Board of High School and Intermediate Education, Rajputana". This included Ajmer, Merwara, Central India and Gwalior. Later it was confined to Ajmer, Bhopal and Vindhya Pradesh. In 1952, it became the "Central Board of Secondary Education".
CBSE conducts the final examinations for Class 10 and Class 12 every year in the month of March. The results are announced by the end of May. The board earlier conducted the AIEEE Examination for admission to undergraduate courses in engineering and architecture in colleges across India. However the AIEEE exam was merged with the IIT-Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) in 2013. The common examination is now called JEE(Main). CBSE is going to announce Class XII Results (May 25, 2015 - 12.00 PM) before the declaration of Class X Results (May 27, 2015 - 12.00 PM) while every year it is in reverse order. This year CBSE Board class 10 result 2015 can be checked online or get on mobile by SMS on 27th may at 1200 Hrs IST.  There is a little change in Class X Exam Result 2015 declaration date. As per the previous schedule, it was scheduled to be declared on May 27 but later it has been postponed for a day. Now CBSE will declare Class 10th Result 2015 on 28 May, 2015 1200 Hrs IST. 
CBSE also conducts AIPMT (All India Pre Medical Test) for admission to major medical colleges in India. In 2014, the conduct of the National Eligibility Test for grant of junior research fellowship and eligibility for assistant professor in institutions of higher learning was outsourced to CBSE. Apart from these tests, CBSE also conducts the central teachers eligibility test and the Class X optional proficiency test. With the addition of NET in 2014, the CBSE has become the largest exam conducting body in the world.
Presently CBSE has 10 regional offices:
- Delhi: NCT of Delhi, Foreign Schools
- Chennai: Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Goa, Puducherry, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Daman and Diu
- Guwahati: Assam, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram
- Ajmer: Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Panchkula: Haryana, Union Territory of Chandigarh, Punjab, J&K, Himachal Pradesh
- Allahabad: Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand
- Patna: Bihar, Jharkhand
- Bhubaneswar: West Bengal, Orissa, Chhattisgarh
- Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala
- Dehradun: Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Portal/images/i' not found.
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE)
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC)
- Boards of Education in India
- "CBSE Results Announcement Dates: Class 12 on May 25, Class 10 on May 27". news.biharprabha.com. 23 May 2015. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- "CBSE Board 12th Exam Results 2015 Announced". freshersplus.com. 25 May 2015. Retrieved 25 May 2015.
- "CBSE board class 10 result 2015 check online". purplelist.in. 25 May 2015. Retrieved 27 May 2015.
- "CBSE Board 10th Result 2015". freshersplus.com. 27 May 2015. Retrieved 27 May 2015.
- "After UGC's failure, CBSE to conduct NET". Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "NET to be held under CBSE’s watch". The Hindu. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Central Board of Secondary Education.|