Champion Forest, Texas
It is located near Farm to Market Road 1960 and Texas State Highway 249 next to Willowbrook. Bill Murphy of the Houston Chronicle described the neighborhood as "affluent". On its website the homeowners' association states that the neighborhood is often referred to as the "River Oaks of the north". A subdivision newsletter described the neighborhood as the "River Oaks of the Suburbs". The neighborhood is a designated bird sanctuary by the Houston Audubon Society.
In 2006, Champion Forest opposed the Raveneaux Country Club's plan to build as many as five hundred townhouses and condominiums on its property and then maintain the rest of its property as a golf course. Robert Eckels, the county judge of Harris County who lived near Champion Forest, opposed the plan. Eckels asked the Harris County right-of-way division to see how much it would cost for the county to force Script error: No such module "convert". from the country club as eminent domain so the acres could become parkland.
- Murphy, Bill. "Eckels opposes country club plans. Champion Forest development won't worsen flooding, owner says", Houston Chronicle, Friday November 10, 2006. B2.
- "Welcome to Champion Forest...", Champion Forest Homeowners' Association,. retrieved on December 7, 2008.
- "Community News", Champion Forest Homeowners' Association, retrieved on December 8, 2008.
- "ATTENDANCE ZONES KLEIN HIGH SCHOOL 2008-2009", Klein Independent School District, retrieved on December 7, 2008.
- "Schools", Champion Forest Homeowners' Association, retrieved on December 8, 2008.
- Champion Forest Homeowner's Association
- Champion Forest Today - Online community portal for the community of Champion Forest, Texas.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.