Template:Infobox lake Chembarambakkam lake, is a lake located in Chennai,Kanchipuram district of Tamil Nadu, India, about 40 km from Chennai. It is one of the two rain-fed reservoirs from where water is drawn for supply to Chennai City, the other one being the Puzhal Lake. The Adyar River originates from this lake. A part of water supply of the metropolis of Chennai is drawn from this lake.
- The Full Tank Level is Script error: No such module "convert"..
- The Full Capacity (mcft) of the lake is 3,645 million ft³ (103 million m³).
- The Level of the tank in feet is Script error: No such module "convert"..
There are two pipelines existing from the lake's water treatment plant. The existing pipeline on Poonamallee Bypass Road has the capacity to convey only half of the 530 million litres that can be treated at the plant. In 2012, Chennai Metrowater started evaluating the feasibility of laying a third pipeline with a diameter of about 2,000 mm from the Chembarambakkam water treatment plant at a cost of ₹ 450 million, which will run parallel to the existing one for over 6.5 km.
- Chembarambakkam tank.jpg
Chembarambakkam tank. Drinking water provider of chennai
- 16-lock view of chembarambakkam tank.jpg
16-lock view of chembarambakkam tank
- Main 5-lock view of chembarambakkam tank.jpg
Main 5-lock view of chembarambakkam tank
- Water gushing out of tank when water released during the sep-oct of 2011.jpg
Water gushing out of tank when water released during the sep-oct of 2011
- Water gushing out of tank when water released during 2011.jpg
Water gushing out of tank when water released during 2011
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chembarambakkam Lake.|
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.