Chennai International Film Festival
|Chennai International Film Festival|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
The Chennai International Film Festival (CIFF) is a festival organised in the city of Chennai, India, by a film society, the Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation (ICAF), with the support of the government of Tamil Nadu, the South Indian Film Chamber of Commerce and the Film Federation of India.
From the official website, the festival aims at:
providing a common platform for the film fraternity to show its expression through films; understand other cultures and project the excellence of this art form; contribute to the understanding and appreciation of film cultures of different nations in the context of the social and cultural ethos; and promote friendship and co-operation among peoples of the world.
The festival has been organised since 2002. It showcases international as well as Indian feature films. The Indian language films are divided into the Tamil (12 films) and the Indian panorama feature films (around 12 films). The festival screens more than 100 international feature films.
The CIFF provides awards in the following categories:
- Best film in Tamil
- Second Best film
- Special Jury Award for individual excellence
- Online Film buff Award
- Amitabh Bachchan Youth Icon Award, from 2013
- Ramnarayan, Gowri (16 December 2005). "Chennai International Film Festival", The Hindu. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- Official website at http://www.chennaifilmfest.com/ciff.html
- Official website filmlist 2010 http://www.chennaifilmfest.com/films.html
- (6 November 2013). "Shabana Azmi, Kamal Haasan likely to inaugurate CIFF", IANS. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- (8 November 2010). "Chennai Film festival: 40 countries, 130 films", The New Indian Express. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- (13 December 2013). "Chennai International Film Festival gets off to a glittering start", The Hindu. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- Official website awards list 2010 http://www.chennaifilmfest.com/awards.html
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.