File:Chukiat Sakveerakul 20071120 002.jpg|
Chookiat at the premiere of The Love of Siam in November 2007
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
|Other names||Ma-Deaw, Matthew|
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
Chookiat Sakveerakul (Thai: ชูเกียรติ ศักดิ์วีระกุล, rtgs: Chukiat Sakwirakun), born 1981 in Chiang Mai, Thailand) is a Thai film director and screenwriter. He is also credited as Ma-Deaw Chukiatsakwirakul or Matthew Chukiat Sakwirakul.
Chookiat's first feature-length film was an ensemble drama, The Passenger of Li, which was an independent production. His next film was Pisaj, a 2004 horror film produced by Sahamongkol Film International. Chookiat garnered critical acclaim for this next film, 13 Beloved, a gritty drama about a deadly underground reality television game, which won several awards in Thailand and from film festivals.
- Body (Co-writer with Paween Purikitpanya) (2007)
- Chocolate (Co-writer with Nepalee Sakveerakul) (2008)
- 4 Romance (Segment "Dream/Fun" ) (2008)
Writer & Director
- The Passenger of Li
- Pisaj (Evil) (2004)
- 13 Beloved (2006)
- The Love of Siam (2007)
- Home: Love, Happiness, Remembrance (2012)
- Grean Fictions (2013)
- "Chookiat's Game Reflects Thai Social Issues", Bioscope Focus (Bangkok International Film Festival), 2007-07-23: 5
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.