Christina Jean Innis|
San Diego, California, USA
|Other names||Chris Innis|
|Spouse(s)||Bob Murawski (2008–present)|
Christina Jean "Chris" Innis is an American film editor and filmmaker. She was awarded the 2010 Academy Award, BAFTA, and ACE awards for "Best Film Editing" on the film The Hurt Locker, shared with co-editor, Bob Murawski. She is an elected member of the American Cinema Editors (ACE) and serves as an associate director on the board.
Chris Innis moved to the San Francisco Bay Area where she graduated from U.C. Berkeley, majoring in film studies. While a student at Cal Berkeley, Innis interned for several San Francisco production companies, including the commercial company owned and operated by cinematographer Ron Eveslage.
Innis completed post-graduate film studies at The California Institute of the Arts and received a MFA degree in filmmaking. During this time, Innis edited music videos featuring rappers Ice Cube, Onyx and DMX, as well as edited the first music video for the band Fine Industrial is Dead directed by Jordan Scott (daughter of notable film director Ridley Scott). Innis also directed and/or produced almost two dozen karaoke videos of hits for Japanese firm Pioneer Electronics.
After a move to Hollywood, Innis worked as the production coordinator on the first season of the long-running hit television series American's Funniest Home Videos. She later worked her way up in post-production alongside film editor, Pietro Scalia, who she assisted on the Academy Award-winning Oliver Stone film JFK. Innis and Scalia worked for six years together on a variety of films including Ridley Scott's G.I. Jane, Sam Raimi's The Quick and the Dead, White Man's Burden starring John Travolta, and Sam Raimi's cult horror TV pilot American Gothic.
Innis progressed as a music editor and film editor for Sam Raimi (film director best known for The Evil Dead and the successful original Spider-Man films). Innis was hired by Raimi for the job of lead editor on the CBS/Universal TV horror series American Gothic. Innis has since edited several films including 2010's Best Picture winner The Hurt Locker, which won six Academy Awards including best editing.
Innis has worked as a producer, writer, and editor with Bob Murawski for the distribution of cult films for Grindhouse Releasing and Box Office Spectaculars. She has also worked on the digital restorations of The Big Gundown and The Swimmer. She wrote, produced, directed and edited a 2-1/2 hour, five-part documentary The Story of the Swimmer featuring behind-the-scenes interviews with cast and crew of the 1968 film The Swimmer including Joan Rivers, Janet Landgard, Marge Champion, Burt Lancaster's daughter Joanna Lancaster, producer Michael Hertzberg and former film executive Ted Zachary (New Line Cinema). The documentary has been called "miraculous... never a dull moment", "a fascinating Hollywood story" which is "impressive...and should be in the running for Best (Blu-ray) Feature of the year".
Since 2008, Innis has been married to fellow film editor and film distributor Bob Murawski. The two were first introduced to one another by Sam Raimi and met while both were editing American Gothic. The couple married shortly after completing work on The Hurt Locker. Her sister is Bay Area artist Cynthia Ona Innis.
|JFK||Apprentice Editor||Director Oliver Stone||Team received Academy Award/BAFTA/ACE "Best Editing"|
|Indecent Proposal||Apprentice Editor||Director Adrian Lyne|
|Dead Beat||First Assistant Editor|
|The Quick and the Dead||First Assistant Editor||Director Sam Raimi|
|American Gothic||TV Pilot Associate Editor||Executive Producer Sam Raimi|
|American Gothic||TV Series Editor||Executive Producer Sam Raimi|
|G.I. Jane||Associate Editor||Director Ridley Scott|
|The Boy with the X-Ray Eyes (aka X-Treme Teens)||Editor||Director Jeff Burr|
|The Gift||Music Editor||Director Sam Raimi|
|Spider-Man||Music Editor||Director Sam Raimi|
|Straight Into Darkness||Consulting Editor||Director Jeff Burr|
|The Hurt Locker||Editor (with Bob Murawski)||Director Kathryn Bigelow||Academy Award/BAFTA/ACE "Best Editing," "Best Picture"|
|Gone with the Pope||Associate Producer|
|The Big Gundown||Producer (Blu-ray/DVD restoration/release)|
|The Swimmer||Producer (Blu-ray/DVD restoration/release)|
| The Story of the Swimmer
|Writer/Director/Producer/Editor||2-1/2 hour, five-part documentary on the making of The Swimmer|
|It Must be Nice||Editor/Director/Producer||Short film|
Awards and nominations
- The Swimmer - (Won) - The 2014 International Press Academy's Satellite Award
- Outstanding Overall Blu-Ray/DVD (producer /Grindhouse Releasing)
- The Hurt Locker - (Won) - 2010 Academy Award - Best Film Editing
- The Hurt Locker - (Won) - 2010 BAFTA - Best Film Editing
- The Hurt Locker - (Won) - 2010 ACE Eddie Award - Best Film Editing
- The Hurt Locker - (Won) - The Online Film Critics Society - Best Film Editing
- The Hurt Locker - (Won) - The Las Vegas Film Critics Association - Best Film Editing
- The Hurt Locker - (Won) - Boston Society of Film Critics - Best Film Editing
- The Hurt Locker - (Won) - The International Press Academy's Golden Satellite Award - Best Film Editing
- The Hurt Locker - (Won) - International Cinephile Society Award - Best Editing
- The Hurt Locker - (Nominated) - The Broadcast Film Critics Association Critic's Choice Awards - Best Film Editing
- The Hurt Locker - (Nominated) - Hollywood Post Alliance Awards Outstanding Editing - Feature Film
- Chris Innis IMDB credits
-  American Cinema Editors (ACE) Official websits
- "Becoming a Member". American Cinema Editors. Retrieved 2012-03-11.
- "Member Roster". American Cinema Editors. Retrieved 2012-03-11.
- Virginia Maples Innis obituary, San Diego Union-Tribune, February 25, 2007
- Chris Innis - Biography
-  IMDB other work
-  "The Hurt Locker Editor Chris Innis to guest blog on Avid Industry Buzz", Avid, March 4, 2010 by Taryn Unruh
-  IMDB bio
-  THH News - "The Hurt Locker"
-  Flavorwire "Oscars 2010 – We’re Live Blogging It Here" by Caroline Stanley, March 7, 2010
-  "Cannibal Holocaust" 25th Anniveray Edition review, by Jari Kovalainen, January 1, 2006
-  IMDB Bob Murawski bio
-  DVD Maniacs Review "Cannibal Holocaust" 25th Anniversary Collector's Edition
-  AV Maniacs Grindhouse's David Szulkin on release of "Cat in the Brain", March 25, 2009
- *Also see DVD credits for Grindhouse Releasing & BOS DVD releases of Cat in the Brain, Pieces, Cannibal Holocaust, Cannibal Ferox, I Drink Your Blood
- Blu-ray.com "The Swimmer" Blu-ray review by Brian Orndorf, March 24, 2014
- HiDefDigest "The Swimmer" Blu-ray review March 2014
- MondoDigital "The Swimmer" Blu-ray Review, March 2014
- Horror at the Oscars 3: The Spawning
-  International Press Academy 2014 Satellite Awards Nominations
- 82nd Academy Awards
- MovieMaker.com - Online Critics Name The Hurt Locker Best Picture
- Davis, Don (2009-12-16). "'Hurt Locker' wins big with Vegas critics". Variety. Retrieved 2009-12-17.
- Variety "'Hurt Locker' tops with Boston critics: Pic takes four other kudos as journos hand out honors" by Daniel Kimmel, December 13, 2009
- "Indie Heavy Golden Satellite Nods", Indewire, by Peter Knegt, November 29, 2009
- Brevet, Brad (2009-12-21). "'Hurt Locker' Leads Pack with Four Wins at 2009 Satellite Awards". Ropeofsilicon.com. Retrieved 2009-12-21.
- Indiewire "Serious Man, Firth, Swinton Among Cinephile Society Winners" by Peter Knegt, February 17, 2010
- Variety "BFCA announces its nominees" by Stuart Levine, December 14, 2009
- Post Production Buyers Guide, Hollywood Post Alliance, "Hollywood Post Alliance Announce 2009 Award Nominees", October 1, 2009
- Variety "Nominees announced for post awards" by David S. Cohen, October 1, 2009
- Chris Innis at the Internet Movie Database
- "Tech Support Interview: The Crafts of The Hurt Locker", Incontention, by Guy Lodge, January 7th, 2010
- Below the Line Magazine - "Contenders - Editors Bob Murawski and Chris Innis, The Hurt Locker", by Mary Ann Skweres, March 2, 2010
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).