Cinema of Oman
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015)|
|Cinema of Oman|
Cinema in Sur
|Gross Box Office (2012)|
The cinema of Oman is very small, there being only one Omani film Al-Boom (2006) as of 2007 and a joint US-Indian-Omani production "Pirate's Blood" starring local and international actors. Stegath Dorr's film "Blood Desert" was also released in 2014 many years after it premiered at the 2006 Oman Film Festival. Partly inspired by Samuel Beckett's Waiting For Godot, Al-Boom, deals with the challenges facing a small fishing community. There is an annual film festival held in Muscat. A few Hollywood movies have been partly filmed in the country.
Films shot in Oman
- "Blood Desert" (Filmed in 2006)
- Piate's Blood (Hollywood) (2010)
- Killer Elite (2011)
- Captain Phillips (2013)
- Operation Oman (2014)
- "International Box Office: 13 Hot Emerging Markets". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- Oman Film Society official site
- The Hindu article about Indian-Omani film links
- Article about the prospects for Oman's film industry
- Gulf News article on 'Al-Boom'
- Small article on 'Al-Boom'
- Interview with Khaled Abdul Raheem Al-Zadjali
- IMDB entry for Oman