The Cleveland Cavaliers Radio Network is an American radio network consisting of 23 radio stations which carry coverage of the Cleveland Cavaliers, a professional basketball team in the NBA. WTAM/Cleveland (1100 AM) and sister station WMMS/Cleveland (100.7 FM) serve as the network's 2 flagship stations. The network also includes 21 affiliates in the U.S. states of Ohio and West Virginia: 13 AM stations, 2 of which extend their signals with low-power FM translators; and 8 full-power FM stations. John Michael is the current play-by-play announcer, while Jim Chones serves as color analyst. In addition to traditional over-the-air AM and FM broadcasts, the Cavaliers are available on SiriusXM satellite radio, and online with NBA Audio League Pass.
In 2008, longtime flagship WTAM signed a five-year contract extension with the Cavaliers through the 2013–14 season; in 2011, a Cavs spokesman stated there were "multiple years" remaining on the team's contract with WTAM, without specifying an end date. In 2014, WTAM owner iHeartMedia (formerly Clear Channel) announced a new "muti-year" contract with the team; this new arrangement also established simulcasts on WTAM sister station WMMS.
Gray background indicates low-power translator
- ^ Reed, Tom (December 24, 2011). "Cleveland Cavaliers' new radio voice made right decision to leave law career, judging from results". The Plain Dealer via Cleveland.com. Plain Dealer Publishing Co. and Northeast Ohio Media Group. Archived from the original on January 14, 2012. Retrieved October 7, 2014.
- ^ Kleps, Kevin (September 28, 2014). "Full court press: How local media is preparing for a Cavs season like no other". CrainsCleveland.com. Crain Communications. Retrieved October 7, 2014.
WTAM-AM, 1100: The Cavs' longtime radio home, in addition to the other members of the team's radio network, again will feature pregame and postgame shows, along with a weekly 'Cavs Insider'.
- ^ Dyer, Mike (September 3, 2014). "Ticket info announced for LeBron's Cavs game in Cincinnati". The Cincinnati Enquirer. Cincinnati.com. Archived from the original on October 7, 2014. Retrieved October 7, 2014.
... 95.5FM THE GAME, the official radio partner of the Cavaliers in Columbus. Fans in Cincinnati can listen to the game broadcast across the Cavaliers Radio Network.
- Press release (November 10, 2014). "iHeart Media Cincinnati Joins Cavaliers Radio Network". NBA.com/Cavaliers. NBA Media Ventures, LLC. Archived from the original on November 12, 2014. Retrieved November 12, 2014.
iHeartMedia Cincinnati announced today that Fox Sports 1360 WSAI and ESPN 1530 WCKY will join the Cleveland Cavaliers Radio Network...
- ^ Press release (December 5, 2013). "SiriusXM and NBA to Launch Exclusive 24/7 NBA Channel on Dec. 9 with David Stern, Adam Silver, NBA All-Stars, Legends and Owners". Investor.SiriusXM.com. SiriusXM. Archived from the original on October 7, 2014. Retrieved October 7, 2014.
SiriusXM and the NBA recently agreed to a multiyear renewal of their broadcasting agreement. SiriusXM subscribers will continue to receive a comprehensive schedule of live play-by-play that includes every regular-season game from every team, all games from the NBA Playoffs and The Finals...
- ^ "Radio Broadcast Info". NBA.com/Cavaliers. NBA Media Ventures, LLC. 2014. Archived from the original on October 7, 2014. Retrieved October 7, 2014.
Listen online to every NBA game - Get streaming audio of every NBA game with NBA Audio League Pass...
- ^ "WTAM, Cavaliers Ink New Deal". AllAccess.com. All Access Media Group. May 12, 2008. Archived from the original on October 7, 2014. Retrieved October 7, 2011.
Clear Channel Talk WTAM-A/Cleveland will remain the flagship station for Cleveland Cavaliers NBA basketball through the 2012-13 season under a new 5 year contract extension.
- ^ Yarborough, Chuck (September 2, 2011). "WKRK FM/92.3 The Fan replaces rock with sports talk". The Plain Dealer via Cleveland.com. Plain Dealer Publishing Co. and Northeast Ohio Media Group. Archived from the original on October 2, 2011. Retrieved October 7, 2014.
Cavs spokesman Tad Carper said the team has 'multiple years' remaining on its contract with WTAM, but declined to be specific.
- ^ "Cleveland Cavaliers Games To Be Simulcast On WMMS, WTAM". AllAccess.com. All Access Media Group. October 8, 2014. Archived from the original on October 9, 2014. Retrieved October 9, 2014.