|40x40px||Look up cock tease in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Cock tease (sometimes cock-tease or cocktease or also prick-tease) is derisive sexual slang used to describe a woman who acts in a sexual manner to seduce men without actually fulfilling the sexual actions. The term has been in use in Great Britain and the United States since the 19th century.
Uses in media
The term has been widely used in popular culture.
- Saturday Night Fever:
Tony Manero: "Why are you such a cock-tease?"
Stephanie: "Don't you call me no goddam cock-tease!"
- Sophie's Choice by William Styron
"Little Miss Cock Tease" (p. 145)
- Review of American Beauty in Rolling Stone
"Angela seeks validation that she's not 'ordinary' by playing the cock tease..."
- There's Something About Mary: Chris Elliott calls Cameron Diaz's character "cock tease" in the final scene.
- On the television series The Venture Bros., Brock Samson's virginal longtime love is named Molotov Cocktease.
- "This film will come off as one extended cock-tease, never giving them the very thing trailers made them think they'd be getting." (Review of The Ringer)
- "The Bird Flu Is a Cock-Tease" and "UPDATE: Bird Flu Still a Cock-Tease!" (essays on avian flu, using cock as a double entendre meaning male bird and penis)
- The unrated DVD version of Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story includes scenes cut from the theatrical release of the title character in a brief late-1970s marriage to Cheryl Tiegs, playing herself with the name "Cheryl Cox-Tiegs".
- Spears, RA. Slang and Euphemism: A Dictionary of Oaths, Curses, Insults, Sexual Slang and Metaphor, Racial Slurs, Drug Talk, Homosexual Lingo, and Related Matters. Signet Book; Reissue edition (September 1991). ISBN 0-451-16554-3
- The Badger Herald (University of Wisconsin–Madison).
- Robinson, Bill (January 16, 2006). "The Bird Flu Is A Cock-Tease." Huffington Post
- Robinson, Bill (April 10, 2006). "UPDATE: Bird Flu Still a Cock-Tease!" Huffington Post