|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2007)|
- See also collegium (disambiguation) for other meanings.
The collegia (plural of a collegium, "joined by law") were government departments in Imperial Russia, established in 1717 by Peter the Great. The departments were housed in the Twelve Collegia building in Saint Petersburg.
Originally nine were established:
- Collegium of Commerce
- Collegium of Financial Inspection and Control
- Collegium of Foreign Affairs
- Collegium of Justice
- Collegium of Manufacturing
- Collegium of the Navy
- Collegium of State Expenses
- Collegium of State Income
- Collegium of War
Three more were later added:
Each collegium consisted of a president, a vice-president, four councilors, four assessors, a procurator, a secretary, and a chancellery. The collegia were replaced with ministries during the Government reform of Alexander I.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.