Columbia University Press
|Columbia University Press|
|Parent company||Columbia University|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||New York City|
Columbia University Press is a university press based in New York City, and affiliated with Columbia University. It is currently directed by Jennifer Crewe (2014–present) and publishes titles in the humanities and sciences, including the fields of literary and cultural studies, history, social work, sociology, religion, film, and international studies.
Founded in 1893, Columbia University Press is notable for publishing reference works, such as The Columbia Encyclopedia (1935–present), The Columbia Granger's Index to Poetry (online as The Columbia World of Poetry Online) and The Columbia Gazetteer of the World (also online) and for publishing music.
First among American university presses to publish in electronic formats, in 1998 the Press founded an online-only site, Columbia International Affairs Online (CIAO) and Columbia Earthscape (in 2009).
In 2011, Columbia University Press bought UK publisher Wallflower Press.
- Jeff Camhi (15 April 2013). A Dam in the River: Releasing the Flow of University Ideas. Algora Publishing. pp. 149–. ISBN 978-0-87586-989-6. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- "Columbia University Press Acquires Wallflower Press". Publishers Weekly. 2011-06-14. Retrieved 2014-06-26.
- Columbia University Press homepage
- Columbia Earthscape
- Columbia International Affairs Online (CIAO)
- Columbia Granger's World of Poetry
- Columbia Gazetteer of the World
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.