|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Founded in 1955
|Minor league affiliations|
|Major league affiliations|
|Current||Pittsburgh Pirates (1957–1970)|
|Previous||Kansas City Athletics (1955–1956)|
|Minor league titles|
|League titles||1961, 1965|
|Nickname||Columbus Jets (1955–1970)|
|General manager||Harold Cooper (1955-1968), Charles Wareham (1969-1970)|
The Columbus Jets were a Minor League baseball team that played in Columbus, Ohio, from 1955 to 1970. The team moved from Ottawa, Canada where they were known as the Ottawa Athletics. The Jets were a member of the International League. From 1955-56 they were the Triple-A affiliate of the Kansas City Athletics and from 1957 to 1970 the Triple-A affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates. The Jets played their home games at Jet Stadium.
In 1971 the franchise moved to Charleston, West Virginia, and became the Charleston Charlies, leaving Columbus without organized baseball for the first time since 1894. In 1977 the Columbus Clippers returned baseball to Ohio's capital.