Complete Best (Celine Dion album)
Complete Best is a greatest hits album by Canadian singer Celine Dion, released on February 27, 2008 in Japan. It's her 14th English language album and 36th in total. On July 22, 2009 the album was reissued in Blu-spec CD format in Japan.
Complete Best was released just a few days before Dion's sold-out concerts in Japan, which were a part of the Taking Chances World Tour. The compilation includes "To Love You More," which was originally released in October 1995 and became Dion's biggest hit in Japan, topping the singles chart for four weeks and selling 1.3 million copies. It also features two other singles exclusive to Japan: "The Power of the Dream" and "Be the Man", as well as many of Dion's other international hits.
The new single, "A World to Believe In" (U.S.A. mix), was included as the first track of the compilation. Recorded as an English-Japanese duet with Yuna Ito, the song was released in January 2008, peaking at number eight on the Oricon Singles Chart. It was Dion's first appearance on the chart since "To Love You More" (Dance Mixes) entered in April 1999. The duet wasn't available on Dion's previous album, Taking Chances, which includes the original English solo version of the song.
In October 2008, another greatest hits album was released internationally, titled My Love: Essential Collection. Due to the recent release of Complete Best, this compilation was not released in Japan. However, new unreleased tracks were instead included on the CD single for A World to Believe In: Himiko Fantasia, released in Japan at the same time.
The album was certified Gold in March 2008 and has sold 173,100 copies during 2008 in Japan. It debuted at number 3 on the Oricon Albums Chart with 34,223 copies sold. Complete Best is Dion's second best position on this chart, after All the Way… A Decade of Song. The album reached also number 1 on the Oricon Daily Chart. However, it went down to number 6 on the weekly chart in its second week, selling 27,281 copies. The following week, right after the Japanese leg of the Taking Chances World Tour, Complete Best jumped from number 6 to number 4 with 34,724 sold. The album topped also the Oricon International Albums Chart for 6 consecutive weeks.
- "A World to Believe In" (U.S.A. mix) (with Yuna Ito) (Tino Izzo, Rosanna Ciciola, Natsumi Kobayashi) – 4:08 Previously unreleased
- "My Heart Will Go On" (James Horner, Will Jennings) – 4:41 from Let's Talk About Love
- "To Love You More" (David Foster, Junior Miles) – 4:39 from The Colour of My Love
- "The Power of Love" (Candy DeRouge, Gunther Mende, Mary Susan Applegate, Jennifer Rush) – 4:46 from The Colour of My Love
- "Beauty and the Beast" (Alan Menken, Howard Ashman) – 4:03 from Celine Dion
- "Because You Loved Me" (Diane Warren) – 4:33 from Falling into You
- "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" (Jim Steinman) – 5:29 from Falling into You
- "Be the Man" (Foster, Miles) – 4:38 from Let's Talk About Love
- "I'm Your Angel" (with R. Kelly) (R. Kelly) – 5:29 from These Are Special Times and R
- "Where Does My Heart Beat Now" (Robert White Johnson, Taylor Rhodes) – 4:33 from Unison
- "The Power of the Dream" (Linda Thompson, Foster, Babyface) – 4:30 from Falling into You
- "When I Fall in Love" (Edward Heyman, Victor Young) – 4:20 from The Colour of My Love
- "That's the Way It Is" (Kristian Lundin, Max Martin, Andreas Carlsson) – 4:01 from All the Way... A Decade of Song
- "A New Day Has Come" (radio remix) (Aldo Nova, Stephan Moccio) – 4:19 from A New Day Has Come
- "I'm Alive" (Lundin, Carlsson) – 3:30 from A New Day Has Come
- "I Drove All Night" (Billy Steinberg, Tom Kelly) – 4:00 from One Heart
- "Taking Chances" (Kara DioGuardi, Dave Stewart) – 4:02 from Taking Chances
Certifications and sales
|Region||Certification|| scope="col" data-sort-type="number" #REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other|
This page is a soft redirect. Sales/shipments
|Japan||February 27, 2008||Sony Music Japan, Epic||CD||EICP-953|
|July 22, 2009||Blu-spec CD||EICP-20055|
- Celine Dion - Complete Best. Retrieved January 25, 2008.
- Blue-spec CD Complete Best. Retrieved April 30, 2009.
- Concert Dates. Retrieved November 7, 2007.
- Oricon Style Weekly Ranking. Retrieved January 22, 2008.
- Physical Unit Sales for the Top 5 Best-Selling Albums in Japan by International Acts During 2008
- Oricon Albums Chart
- セリーヌ・ディオンのアルバム売り上げランキング (in Japanese). Oricon. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "2008年 アルバム年間TOP100" [Oricon Year-end Albums Chart of 2008] (in Japanese). Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Japanese album certifications – Celine Dion – Complete Best" (in Japanese). Recording Industry Association of Japan.