Early concert films include:
- T.A.M.I. Show (1964), including performances by numerous popular rock and roll and R&B musicians at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium on October 28 and 29, 1964.
- Monterey Pop (1968), documenting the Monterey Pop Festival of 1967.
- Gimme Shelter (1970), chronicling the Rolling Stones' 1969 US tour, which culminated in the disastrous Altamont Free Concert.
- Woodstock (1970), focusing on the Woodstock Festival in 1969.
- Sweet Toronto (1971), documenting the rock and roll revival concert in Toronto in September 1969, featuring performances by Bo Diddley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard and John Lennon and the Plastic Ono Band.
- Pink Floyd: Live at Pompeii (1972)
- The Concert for Bangladesh (1972), showing the Madison Square Garden concert on August 1, 1971, organized by George Harrison for the benefit of Bangladeshi refugees.
- Save the Children (1973),
- Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (1973), focusing on David Bowie's concert on July 3, 1973.
- The London Rock and Roll Show (1973) chronicling a Rock and Roll Revival concert held at Wembley Stadium in London, England, in August 1972.
- Live at the Roxy, 1973 (1973), Frank Zappa's infamously delayed film documenting the performances that later made up his live album Roxy and Elsewhere.
- The Song Remains the Same (1976), showing scenes from three Led Zeppelin concerts filmed at Madison Square Garden in 1973.
- The Last Waltz (1978), documenting The Band's final concert at the Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco, on Thanksgiving, November 25, 1976.
- AC/DC: Let There Be Rock a live concert motion picture featuring the Australian hard rock band AC/DC's original line-up, featuring singer Bon Scott a few months prior to his death. It was released theatrically in September 1980 (see 1980 in music). It was filmed at the Pavillon de Paris in Paris, France on 9 December 1979 (see 1979 in music)
- Stop Making Sense (1984), taking footage from three shows performed by Talking Heads in Hollywood, California, in December 1983.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.